Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Yahoo! News - Chinese Herbs Hold Little Benefit for Hepatitis C

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2004
      Western medicine rant....

      I always find these chinese herb studies interesting...a 3 month study doesn't influence me in any way except to think they are just trying to give herbs a bad rap...herbs are not a pill that you pop and instantly get better. They work slowly and if you are putting other chemicals or polutants into your body, they work even slower. Chinese medicine is based on a lifestyle, not popping magick pills.

      And I noticed that no research was done to determine inflammation of the liver...they only stated that viral load didn't show any change after 3 months of herbs...nor would I expect it to. Western medicine will never do any study that could come up with a positive study using herbs...the FDA and drug manufactures can't make any money from it...and so what if it's been working in an entire culture for thousands of years.

      I will continue with my chinese regime and will add bupleurum back in another couple weeks when I'm sure the interferon is out of my system (bupleurum can not be taken at the same time as interferon...they counteract and cause toxicidity). I have never felt better than in the years following my diagnosis that I've been living chinese medicine with herbs, nutrition and accupuncture.