Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] HIPPA

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 7:19 AM
      Gee, I didn't know that security was that tight...don't know why they bother since once diagnosed with something it goes into a national computer so insurance companies have your past medical history and can deny coverage for pre-existing conditions...

      Seems to me that priorities are a bit convulted...

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7 2:58 PM
        In a message dated 7/5/2004 10:32:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        tatezi@... writes:
        Gee, I didn't know that security was that tight...don't know why they bother
        since once diagnosed with something it goes into a national computer so
        insurance companies have your past medical history and can deny coverage for
        pre-existing conditions...
        I hate to point this out, but that part of the law was to keep people from
        lieing and thereby keep health insurance rates a little lower. It is the
        equivalent of an employer checking to see if an employee has an arrest record.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7 5:36 PM
          Dah...of course, why would they do anything that would benefit the little people. And what good do lower insurance rates mean when you can't get insured. Guess it was a moment of brain death...