Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] HIPPA

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2004
      Gee, I didn't know that security was that tight...don't know why they bother since once diagnosed with something it goes into a national computer so insurance companies have your past medical history and can deny coverage for pre-existing conditions...

      Seems to me that priorities are a bit convulted...

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
        In a message dated 7/5/2004 10:32:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        tatezi@... writes:
        Gee, I didn't know that security was that tight...don't know why they bother
        since once diagnosed with something it goes into a national computer so
        insurance companies have your past medical history and can deny coverage for
        pre-existing conditions...
        I hate to point this out, but that part of the law was to keep people from
        lieing and thereby keep health insurance rates a little lower. It is the
        equivalent of an employer checking to see if an employee has an arrest record.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
          Dah...of course, why would they do anything that would benefit the little people. And what good do lower insurance rates mean when you can't get insured. Guess it was a moment of brain death...