Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Medicare and Procrit (Julie)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2004
      In a message dated 6/22/2004 12:25:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jtwagers7@... writes:
      Thank you so much Nancy. I've been on the phone all morning with Medicaid,
      CareLine, participating pharmacies etc., and I'm sure -- if the Medicare I've
      got makes me for things like Procrit or Neupogen (which, last year, I was
      told
      by a pharmacist that I would have to pay for if it) that I WILL qualify for
      adult Medicaid (now). My bank account is so low now, and my unpaid medical
      expenses (which are up there) can be used. I qualify for the assistance
      that's
      out there, and I may even qualify for foodstamps.
      This may not be much help...but if you qualify for medicaid and you take that
      paperwork in, you will be qualified for food stamps. Extra money is extra
      money. You might also qualify for the vitamin program. I think they expanded
      that beyond pregnant women, unless something has changed.