Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Update on the Big Sis: Clumped Platelets

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2004
      Hopefully, her doctor has been in contact with her. Usually there is
      no real danger until platelets drop below 50. There are many
      conditions which can cause platelets to 'clump', or aggregate,
      including a stressed liver, infection, and a contracted blood volume.
      Her nutrition can be a factor. I would recommend she eat a diet high
      in protein (an adequate amount of good quality protein is ESSENTIAL
      in maintaining fluid volume within the blood vessels), and plenty of
      water. A good mineral supplement (calcium, magnesium, zinc, etc.) may
      help since these are important in the normal function of platelets.
      Keep us posted.
      Claudine