Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Got an answer, sort of, niece still critical

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2004
      --- Arkhepcgal@... wrote:
      Well, I found out what my one bro was talking about on my niece's
      > tests. He
      > wrote it as it sounded, but the test was a liver enzyme test. I
      > think the
      > normal range is around 40 but Anna's is running at 890. (By the
      > way, this is a
      > different bro, not Anna's Grandpa.)
      And, I don't understand why she was sent
      > home from ICU if she is
      > critical. Just don't make sense.
      >
      > Betty

      It's probably the ALT, and yes, that is pretty high. However, to keep
      it in perspective, a person who contracts HCV might have an ALT that
      is that high during the ACUTE phase, but then have it drop down to
      more common levels (like 50 - 100), or even normal, during the
      chronic phase. I don't see why they would send her home if she was
      critical either. If they did, that is CRIMINAL!