[GIWorld-Hepatitis] Update on the Big Sis' appointment today / THANKS

  • msnblk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2004
      So here's the update from today's appointment: The doctor does agree with
      the Big Sis and I that in all likelihood she probably is undetectible at this
      point -- but, of course, she must try to hang on for the six months with
      Pegasys. So whatever it takes to keep her there is what must be done. She is
      currently taking 180 of the Pegasys, and the discussion was that perhaps
      dropping that to 135 would still keep her on track. Neupogen was discussed, but
      taken off the table for a lot of reasons. Substantial drops in certain numbers
      were demonstrated from her CBC taken this past Sunday. At the risk of
      boring . .

      3/25 5/23 6/13 6/20
      WBC 5.5 3.5 2.9 2.3
      ANC 2.4 1.3 1.1 .7
      Platelets 184 116 78 59
      Hemoglobin 13.9 10.3 9.9 10.0
      Hematocrit 41.4 29.8 30.2 30.7

      The doctor commented on Pegasys -- more than the other available treatments
      -- having a negative effect with respect to scarring. Can anyone comment on
      that?

      The Big Sis is going to have to work on kicking up her platelets through
      natural means, and to that end, going for K with extra calcium (thank you,
      Tat!).

      She got the prescription for "Magic Mouthwash" -- thanks to all for the
      recommendation -- and she'll be getting a script for Mycelex Trouches as well.
      I'll also be getting her some Biotene products, which should help. Naturally,
      the sweetie pie that she is asked me if I would also get her some more of
      those Tollhouse candy bars -- which she loves! Won't eat food, but somehow the
      Tollhouse bars draw her. Our deal is that I come up with things to kick her
      taste buds in gear (which also helps keep the nauseau down), and she agrees
      to try to eat the serious food. Ahh, the stuff I do for that woman !!!

      Again, thanks to all for coming through with suggestions and help -- both
      online and in private messages. If it weren't for you guys providing all the
      support and brains, we'd be lost. Truly.

      Big hugs,

      Nancy (aka the Little Sis)