Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Sure is quiet....

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
      Julie....

      I don't know how long this has been going on...surely it didn't happen when I was on the racetrack because my ex would remember...well, maybe he wouldn't, that's why he's my ex.

      My neighbor went into a seizure a couple years ago and they found a cancerous growth in her brain which went into the motor skills section. She was initially paralyzed on that side...after chemo and long physical therapy she can walk but still hasn't regained the use of her right hand. Anyway, the reason...she talked to me about "this condition." It started for her when they put her on antidepressants (the opposite as you). She did research, tried a couple different drugs but nothing changed. She told me her research indicated that antidepressants caused it. I've been on antidepressants on and off over the years so I thought maybe and hit the internet. I couldn't find any reference to this in connection to antidepressants. All I found were all these sites discussing how this surgery nipping a nerve can help the "embarassing" sides of being an excessive sweater.

      I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who has experienced this thing. It is embarassing and it's darn uncomfortable...and each year it seems to get worse for me. Maybe someday I will have insurance again (not in this administration) and can discuss this with my doctor and get things tested.

      Antidepressants. I did prozac for years until I discovered if I didn't take it I was fine. I don't know if I noticed this sweating thing at the same time. Since I haven't had ovaries in years, menopause was never considered. After a rough unemployed period and an awful job that saved me from the streets, but about destoyed with mentally/emotionally, I started not sleeping...I'd hover between sleep and wakefulness. So my doc put me on amitriptyline...which resolved the sleep problem and with starting on treatment last year I wasn't about to go off the amitriptyline.

      If I could control my environment, I'd be a lot more comfortable too. And as you said...it doesn't matter if it's summer or winter. I don't know if it's worse when it's hot or when it's cold. It's pretty awful being in sub zero temps with the sweat rolling off <g>

      Thanks for responding...it does make me feel better to talk about this with someone who has been there...and I sure hope mine just goes away like yours...I'm ready right now.

      Blessings
      Tatezi
      BTW, I have a sister in Cary, NC...is that anywhere around where you are?

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
        Glad you are enjoying Sark...coincidental the way I walked into a used book store and this book jumped out, grabbed me and insisted I give it a home...just when we were discussing procrastination. I'd read some of Sark's books years ago. Sark has a way of cutting to the chase....

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
          Yeah, I get the run around too. My doc of many years told me that I was having sympathy menopause. Sympathy menopause...I could have jumped through the phone line and throttled him.That's as bad as telling a womyn, like they are so willing to do, that tranqs will cure anything that ails us.

          I don't just do the "it's the hep" or "it's just a side of having been on treatment" as the cause for things any more. Remember during my great unemployed times...I almost killed myself by blaming my fatigue and lethargy on that...and it was because I'd gone off synthroid for months when it became too expensive to buy on my unemployment. Had it not been for some of the wonderful people on this list, no telling what might have happened.

          So I've learned not to be so quick to jump on things being caused by the hep or treatment. I've done that once too often and now I demand answers (or would if I had insurance). But maybe with the end to treatment I'll have the energy to battle the County healthcare system again and try to get some answers. I battled them once and got on Pegasys ...

          When I'm off treatment... " ... I'll think about it tomorrow at Tara..." (right in the procrastination theme <g>)

          If I find anything that helps this, I'll post it to the list. I am so fed up with carrying plastic bags with me every where I go...and carrying sweat rags with me all the time. But I'm so relieved to know that I'm not alone ... others get this too.

          Gotta love support groups...

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
            Just wish Sark could come here and cut the dust LOL.
            Glad you are enjoying Sark...coincidental the way I walked into a used book store and this book jumped out, grabbed me and insisted I give it a home...just when we were discussing procrastination. I'd read some of Sark's books years ago. Sark has a way of cutting to the chase....

            I'm enjoying this part on procrastination by Sark....something I "suffer" from excessively. I can't even say I'm a recovering procrastinator yet....just embracing the idea makes me tired lol.

          • Patricia (Alley)
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 3, 2004
              On the sweat/heat thing. Me, a Texan who used to love the heat, still love it compared to the opposite! cannot tolerate it anymore. Since treatment it's like I've turned inside out. Heat and humidity bother me, make me sick if I get too much, and who knows on what day too much is, doing too much makes me sick, sometimes eating some things makes me sick, sometimes it doesn't. It's like rolling dice each day to make some random generator of what's gonna bug Alley today lol.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 3, 2004
                No chance...sark is too busy teaching us about procrastination...
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 3, 2004
                  A roll of the dice, eh...

                  I don't know what the triggers are...still trying to figure that out. Stress doesn't seem to play a part...nor does anxiety. Weather doesn't seem to be a factor either.

                  But this nausea thing is horrible. It's one thing to walk around dripping and wiping the sweat off...it's a whole nuther story when all of a sudden you are vomiting...

                  And I thought I'd pegged the vomiting part...it was only coming with exertion...this morning all of a sudden the nausea washed over me... and I was just sitting here sending my good morning note to my friend.

                  Well, in 4 more weeks, give or take, I'll know if any part of this is treatment related...I know the sweating isn't but this vomiting is new to me (and I'd like it to be old...)

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 4, 2004
                    If you're doing treatment, then it's probably treatment related. There are meds for it, I took phenergan or compazine, both worked fine. The phenergan helped me when I wanted to sleep. It's also in a suppository (ick) for those times stuff just won't stay down. I always have a "stash" in the fridge. The sweats prolly are too. If you're on treatment, then you can pretty well bet any wierd side is probably that, but doesn't hurt to get it checked out. Let your doc know and then get something for it. Treatment is bad enough without having to suffer thru more stuff.

                    Hope you feel better soon.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 4, 2004
                      Thanks, Alley...

                      Nah, this isn't treatment...I've been having these sweats for more years then I can remember and each year they get worse. Now the nausea is new and that could possibly be treatment...but why would I start getting sick 4+ weeks from treatment end...that doesn't make sense...

                      And I take enough drugs as it is...I don't like taking a lot of drugs...don't trust the FDA. They take kickbacks and approve and disapprove drugs according to who pays off the best. I'm full of interferon and ribavarinn, synthroid and amitriptyline. That's enough...

                      If this is treatment, there are only have 3 weeks to go until I'm done. I can live for 3 weeks. If it isn't treatment, it's just a continuation of what's been going on for years...the sweats getting worse each year. If the nausea continues to where I can't live with it, well, then I'll have to make the decision if it's worth going through weeks of misery doing the County thing again. But I bet they don't bat an eyelash at a womyn getting the sweats...even if she hasn't had ovaries in over 15 years. They do tend to be swampped with immediate care issues.

                      And compazine...isn't that in the thorazine family of drugs? That's some nasty shit... I remember them giving my nephew those drugs when he was a kid... Nasty...he would walk around like a zombie...

                      Besides, I need something to piss and moan about in life....<g>

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 4, 2004
                        In a message dated 6/2/2004 8:30:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        tatezi@... writes:
                        If I find anything that helps this, I'll post it to the list. I am so fed up
                        with carrying plastic bags with me every where I go...and carrying sweat rags
                        with me all the time. But I'm so relieved to know that I'm not alone ...
                        others get this too.
                        I don't have to change plastic bags as often, but I've never lost the habit
                        of carrying one. They come in handy at times :-).

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 4, 2004
                          LOL....how our lifestyles change.....

                        • Dawnbeliever@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 10, 2004
                            ummm.. hey .. did i miss something.. what is Sark??

                            blurry brain,
                            Dawn

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 10, 2004
                              Sark is an author and I've been posting some of her stuff from Living Juicy...