Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Sure is quiet....

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi Tatezi

      I'm enjoying this part on procrastination by Sark....something I "suffer" from excessively. I can't even say I'm a recovering procrastinator yet....just embracing the idea makes me tired lol. About your sweating, hmmmm I've never heard of anyone just sweating on one side of them....with me, when I sweat in hot weather, it's all of me.

      I can't believe how fast the time went that you've only 4 more weeks to go on tx....I think this time will be the charm....I sure hope so. And I remember the horserace on the weekend cuz I thought it was last Saturday and was going to rip up my tv guide until I read it on the web. No way I'm missing this race, it would be so exciting to have a triple crown winner again.

      Hang in and meow for the next 4 weeks and hopefully you'll be purring the rest of your life ;-)
      Huggggs

    • HEAL
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
        hi tatezi
        I have same experience with sweat running down my body its a regular thing
        for me and the overheat causes me to vomit.
        My doc said it was hcv done combo and cleared the virus four years ago,
        symptoms I am told are now age related like my other ailments, poor memory
        or concentration etc... Now its the menopause they say. This cant be right
        as I,ve sweated like this for around 30 years now.
        hope things go well for you on tx
        take care
        Anne
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
          Just been busy. Storms moving thru this time of year, tornados, high winds, rain, hail, the usual. Writing and sleeping and eating and chasing grandkids mostly :)

        • jtwagers7@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
            Hi Tatezi -- I can surely relate to the sweating thing, and (although I don't
            feel gaggy anymore), I used to be able to relate to the "ut oh -- I feel
            like I'm going to vomit right now" feeling. It was SUDDEN. The sweating
            profusely came on about 8 years ago, I guess (I didn't know what it was all about
            -- it wasn't premenopausal -- was too young for that). Then came the gaggy
            sensation WITH the flushed feeling and the sweating. Both seemed to have no
            correlation to nervousness or anxiety -- it would just come on like a heat
            wave, out of the blue. (I didn't know yet I had Hep C) I would begin feeling
            hot all over, I would begin sweating profusely, and I can vividly recall (when
            I felt drenched and gaggy) how much I would have to concentrate on "don't
            even THINK about that gaggy feeling in the back of your throat". I can remember
            (when I worked and had to be in the work place and presence of others)
            that it would be SO embarrassing when these "spells" would come on because I
            would have sweat rolling down the sides of my cheeks, hair stuck to the side of my
            face, the back of my neck (as if I had been doing aerobics). I would also
            get claustrophic feeling at the same time and would want to bust loose from
            everyone standing around me and go somewhere and peel every stitch of clothing
            off and stand in front of an AC unit and PRAY not to VOMIT.

            I live in eastern NC where the heat and humidity are awful in the summertime,
            anyhow. But it wouldn't matter if it was winter or summer -- I would
            somtimes just get these hot sensations, and begin sweating BUCKETS, and would feel
            like gagging. Docs chalked it up to anxiety, but I never felt "anxious" when
            these spells would occur. I also had drenching night sweats (and so the
            anxiety theory -- at least in my mind -- was not the cause). When I was
            diagnosed Hep C, though, I thought "OK -- that's what all this sweating has been
            about".

            I don't suffer today from it as badly as I used to (maybe that's because I
            don't work anymore and can keep my environment the way I want to, and/or be
            sweaty and it not matter to me or others around me -- LOL).

            I look back on when I worked. My sweating spells became so problematic (and
            everyone knew I was having "hot flashes"), it was well-known that when I
            arrived to work for my shift, the first thing I was going to do when I clocked
            in was turn every single thermostat in the building (the lobby, the dining
            room, staff lounges, etc.), to 65 -- no matter if it was 30 or 98 degrees
            outside. (I had the keys to the controls and could - lol). I would handle any
            complaints by saying "If you're cold, put your lab coat on. It's UNHEALTHY to
            have it SO @%#%$&** HOT in here".

            After I was diagnosed Hep C, I realized that this "sweaty condition / gaggy
            feeling" that had gone on for years was most likely related to the Hep C
            (because so many do become heat intolerant with HCV).

            I don't know why, but I don't have these sweating spells like I used to. I
            think there was about two years out of my life where my own body's interferon
            was making me feel just like I was on treatment -- sick as a dog. I had all
            the symptoms that those on treatment complain about. I guess interferon just
            wreaks havoc, be it your own body's production of it or the injected version
            of it. Beats me. This stuff still has me baffled. I felt like death for
            three years, did less than three weeks worth of treatment (and I surely don't
            think three weeks improved my liver), but now ? ? I feel OK. I should not
            feel OK, and I really don't understand why I do feel OK now. It's like
            waiting for a hep bomb to drop again. I guess I should be very thankful
            regardless the reason and enjoy it while it lasts.

            I hope your condition ceases some day. It was awful for me to sweat like
            that and feel gaggy. My sister (docs said it was anxiety-related) had gaggy
            sensations for YEARS (and would vomit). It was interfering with her life so
            badly, and they ruled out all physical reasons for it. They put her on
            Effexor about four years ago, and she says she will never ever ever be without it.
            She no longer has those "spells". I remember she attended my son's
            graduation and suddenly turned to me and said "I feel like I'm going to vomit", and
            she got up and ran to the bathroom and did just that. She was about 45 when
            hers began. She also was diagnosed with Raynauds Phenomenon (this 1/2 and 1/2
            thing where one side of her body would be cold / the other would be hot, or
            one side would feel numb / the other would not).

            You hang in there. Maybe you can find some comfort in knowing that you
            aren't the only "profuse sweater and "gagger" and 1/2 and 1/2 'er. You and my
            sis should get on the subway or a flight together - lol ! It got to the point
            that she would -- even on a smooth flight -- begin to feel like she was going
            to vomit, and there were times I would go pick her up at the terminal, and
            she would look GREEN because she would have had these spells. She would say "it
            happened again -- I had to hold the vomit bag". It TRULY interfered with
            her life (she does not have Hep C). She couldn't even ride in a taxi without
            saying "pull over -- I have to get out". LOL. We have to laugh at our
            "spells" or else we cry over them. Thanks goodness hers is improved (cured) with
            the Effexor, and thank goodness mine -- for whatever reason -- no longer
            bothers me like it used to. I still have night sweats some, but not as bad as I
            did. I used to take a towel with me to bed everynight so that I could pat
            off when I would awake and be covered in sweat (and hot / cold at same time).

            You hang in there.

            Julie

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
              Julie....

              I don't know how long this has been going on...surely it didn't happen when I was on the racetrack because my ex would remember...well, maybe he wouldn't, that's why he's my ex.

              My neighbor went into a seizure a couple years ago and they found a cancerous growth in her brain which went into the motor skills section. She was initially paralyzed on that side...after chemo and long physical therapy she can walk but still hasn't regained the use of her right hand. Anyway, the reason...she talked to me about "this condition." It started for her when they put her on antidepressants (the opposite as you). She did research, tried a couple different drugs but nothing changed. She told me her research indicated that antidepressants caused it. I've been on antidepressants on and off over the years so I thought maybe and hit the internet. I couldn't find any reference to this in connection to antidepressants. All I found were all these sites discussing how this surgery nipping a nerve can help the "embarassing" sides of being an excessive sweater.

              I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who has experienced this thing. It is embarassing and it's darn uncomfortable...and each year it seems to get worse for me. Maybe someday I will have insurance again (not in this administration) and can discuss this with my doctor and get things tested.

              Antidepressants. I did prozac for years until I discovered if I didn't take it I was fine. I don't know if I noticed this sweating thing at the same time. Since I haven't had ovaries in years, menopause was never considered. After a rough unemployed period and an awful job that saved me from the streets, but about destoyed with mentally/emotionally, I started not sleeping...I'd hover between sleep and wakefulness. So my doc put me on amitriptyline...which resolved the sleep problem and with starting on treatment last year I wasn't about to go off the amitriptyline.

              If I could control my environment, I'd be a lot more comfortable too. And as you said...it doesn't matter if it's summer or winter. I don't know if it's worse when it's hot or when it's cold. It's pretty awful being in sub zero temps with the sweat rolling off <g>

              Thanks for responding...it does make me feel better to talk about this with someone who has been there...and I sure hope mine just goes away like yours...I'm ready right now.

              Blessings
              Tatezi
              BTW, I have a sister in Cary, NC...is that anywhere around where you are?

              Hi Tatezi -- I can surely relate to the sweating thing, and (although I don't feel gaggy anymore), I used to be able to relate to the "ut oh -- I feel like I'm going to vomit right now" feeling. It was SUDDEN. The sweating
              profusely came on about 8 years ago, I guess ...It was awful for me to sweat like that and feel gaggy. My sister had gaggy sensations for YEARS (and would vomit).

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                Glad you are enjoying Sark...coincidental the way I walked into a used book store and this book jumped out, grabbed me and insisted I give it a home...just when we were discussing procrastination. I'd read some of Sark's books years ago. Sark has a way of cutting to the chase....

                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                  Yeah, I get the run around too. My doc of many years told me that I was having sympathy menopause. Sympathy menopause...I could have jumped through the phone line and throttled him.That's as bad as telling a womyn, like they are so willing to do, that tranqs will cure anything that ails us.

                  I don't just do the "it's the hep" or "it's just a side of having been on treatment" as the cause for things any more. Remember during my great unemployed times...I almost killed myself by blaming my fatigue and lethargy on that...and it was because I'd gone off synthroid for months when it became too expensive to buy on my unemployment. Had it not been for some of the wonderful people on this list, no telling what might have happened.

                  So I've learned not to be so quick to jump on things being caused by the hep or treatment. I've done that once too often and now I demand answers (or would if I had insurance). But maybe with the end to treatment I'll have the energy to battle the County healthcare system again and try to get some answers. I battled them once and got on Pegasys ...

                  When I'm off treatment... " ... I'll think about it tomorrow at Tara..." (right in the procrastination theme <g>)

                  If I find anything that helps this, I'll post it to the list. I am so fed up with carrying plastic bags with me every where I go...and carrying sweat rags with me all the time. But I'm so relieved to know that I'm not alone ... others get this too.

                  Gotta love support groups...

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                    Just wish Sark could come here and cut the dust LOL.
                    Glad you are enjoying Sark...coincidental the way I walked into a used book store and this book jumped out, grabbed me and insisted I give it a home...just when we were discussing procrastination. I'd read some of Sark's books years ago. Sark has a way of cutting to the chase....

                    I'm enjoying this part on procrastination by Sark....something I "suffer" from excessively. I can't even say I'm a recovering procrastinator yet....just embracing the idea makes me tired lol.

                  • Patricia (Alley)
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 3, 2004
                      On the sweat/heat thing. Me, a Texan who used to love the heat, still love it compared to the opposite! cannot tolerate it anymore. Since treatment it's like I've turned inside out. Heat and humidity bother me, make me sick if I get too much, and who knows on what day too much is, doing too much makes me sick, sometimes eating some things makes me sick, sometimes it doesn't. It's like rolling dice each day to make some random generator of what's gonna bug Alley today lol.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 3, 2004
                        No chance...sark is too busy teaching us about procrastination...
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 3, 2004
                          A roll of the dice, eh...

                          I don't know what the triggers are...still trying to figure that out. Stress doesn't seem to play a part...nor does anxiety. Weather doesn't seem to be a factor either.

                          But this nausea thing is horrible. It's one thing to walk around dripping and wiping the sweat off...it's a whole nuther story when all of a sudden you are vomiting...

                          And I thought I'd pegged the vomiting part...it was only coming with exertion...this morning all of a sudden the nausea washed over me... and I was just sitting here sending my good morning note to my friend.

                          Well, in 4 more weeks, give or take, I'll know if any part of this is treatment related...I know the sweating isn't but this vomiting is new to me (and I'd like it to be old...)

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 4, 2004
                            If you're doing treatment, then it's probably treatment related. There are meds for it, I took phenergan or compazine, both worked fine. The phenergan helped me when I wanted to sleep. It's also in a suppository (ick) for those times stuff just won't stay down. I always have a "stash" in the fridge. The sweats prolly are too. If you're on treatment, then you can pretty well bet any wierd side is probably that, but doesn't hurt to get it checked out. Let your doc know and then get something for it. Treatment is bad enough without having to suffer thru more stuff.

                            Hope you feel better soon.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 4, 2004
                              Thanks, Alley...

                              Nah, this isn't treatment...I've been having these sweats for more years then I can remember and each year they get worse. Now the nausea is new and that could possibly be treatment...but why would I start getting sick 4+ weeks from treatment end...that doesn't make sense...

                              And I take enough drugs as it is...I don't like taking a lot of drugs...don't trust the FDA. They take kickbacks and approve and disapprove drugs according to who pays off the best. I'm full of interferon and ribavarinn, synthroid and amitriptyline. That's enough...

                              If this is treatment, there are only have 3 weeks to go until I'm done. I can live for 3 weeks. If it isn't treatment, it's just a continuation of what's been going on for years...the sweats getting worse each year. If the nausea continues to where I can't live with it, well, then I'll have to make the decision if it's worth going through weeks of misery doing the County thing again. But I bet they don't bat an eyelash at a womyn getting the sweats...even if she hasn't had ovaries in over 15 years. They do tend to be swampped with immediate care issues.

                              And compazine...isn't that in the thorazine family of drugs? That's some nasty shit... I remember them giving my nephew those drugs when he was a kid... Nasty...he would walk around like a zombie...

                              Besides, I need something to piss and moan about in life....<g>

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 4, 2004
                                In a message dated 6/2/2004 8:30:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                tatezi@... writes:
                                If I find anything that helps this, I'll post it to the list. I am so fed up
                                with carrying plastic bags with me every where I go...and carrying sweat rags
                                with me all the time. But I'm so relieved to know that I'm not alone ...
                                others get this too.
                                I don't have to change plastic bags as often, but I've never lost the habit
                                of carrying one. They come in handy at times :-).

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 4, 2004
                                  LOL....how our lifestyles change.....

                                • Dawnbeliever@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 10, 2004
                                    ummm.. hey .. did i miss something.. what is Sark??

                                    blurry brain,
                                    Dawn

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 10, 2004
                                      Sark is an author and I've been posting some of her stuff from Living Juicy...