By Sark...Procrastination Part II

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2004
      Yeah, sure, I promised to send these every couple days...guess I've learned to identify procrastination....<g>

      Identifying Procrastination

      Learning to identify procrastination is an excellent first step.

      Symptoms: overeating, oversleeping, over talking, over doing, overwhelming! (The word "over" appears frequently here.)

      We need to learn the middle route. For years I said that if I ever built a house, I would name it "Happy Medium" just so I could live there. I voiced the middle because I thought it was boring. Now I know that's where all the real feelings are.

      I will now allow myself to rest in the middle...

      ~~By Sark~~
      From Living Juicy

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        Now there's an excellent piece of advice, especially for us. We, who are
        forced into being handicapped by HCV, tend to beat ourselves about the face and
        shoulders because we are unable to perform the way we have in the past and
        would like to be able to do again. Personally, I think this is the predominant
        reason for the depression associated with this disease.
        So much for my two cents worth,

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
          Ya know, Anne...as I've become more attuned with myself, I've realized how often I put unrealistic goals on myself and set myself up for failure. It's something I have been working on...reaching acceptance intead of expectance...

          Tatezi

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
            In a message dated 6/1/2004 7:51:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            tatezi@... writes:
            Ya know, Anne...as I've become more attuned with myself, I've realized how
            often I put unrealistic goals on myself and set myself up for failure. It's
            something I have been working on...reaching acceptance intead of expectance...
            Yes, Tatezi, I've been guilty of that, at times, and still am.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
              Oh how true that is Anne....I think everyone with hcv does it too. With me I just started to slow down until I realized I couldn't even vacuum the house anymore....although that's due more to my bad back that Hep. Then the laundry piles up and I stare at it until my son does it....so a lot of it is probably laziness too. Can't seem to strike a "happy medium".....I always say "it can wait till tomorrow"....procrastination is more like it.