Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] the birdienew family just moved in

    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 9:41 AM
      In a message dated 5/2/2004 12:06:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      lands142@... writes:
      HI.Birdstories.I hve birds flying around the house.I hve a cat too.Outside
      he.ll catch a bird if the bird is really close,it.s a lazy cat.However inside
      the house he accepts the birds as part of the family and will not touch
      them.Sometimes the birds will come sit on the couch where he.s sleeping,he.ll look
      up,sort of bored and goes back to sleep again.If you are wondering how I keep my
      house clean.....don.t.Willem.

      After a few empty years, a soon to be mother has moved into our bird house.
      Finally......this thing is really cute. A friend of mine's stepmother made
      it. It has a cedar roof with it's own weather vane, a perch and clemantis,
      Iris, roses, miniature gardenias and azaleas for a front garden. Now I ask you
      what more could a bird family want? Besides we need them to get rid of the
      caterpillar infestation, or those families will eat the roses. Seven dust to the
      rescue, which, by the way, is not poisonous to birds.

    • Dawnbeliever@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5 10:24 PM
        I want to get into the bird thing.. i have a second floor apt.. guess i could
        put something out on the balcony but in the midwest the wind blows a lot..
        huge.. LOL

        trying to contribute here.. ,
        Dawn

        Message 3 of 3 , May 6 12:02 AM
          I'm in Chicago and we have lots of wind. <g> Although it's not called the windy city because of the wind (actually, Detroit is the windiest city in the country)...it's because of Chicago's politicians.

          I have a small back porch and I take a couple milk cartons (those plastic ones that are delivered to grocery stores) and put a litter pan on top and fill it with water. (I also have a bird bath heater for the winter...keeps the water at 40 degrees.) Seed I just toss around the porch. Used to toss it into the parking lot from my porch but then people knew I was feeding the pigeons and complained. Now I toss seed on the porch at night...pigeons have eaten and gone by the time people get up in the mornings.

          But a word of warning...you will need a stiff bristle push broom and a bucket of water for scrubbing down the droppings. <g>