Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] the birdies

    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2004
      Hi all.....I like the birdies too but my cat seems to think they are toys.....so I put a big bell on her a long time ago....now she can walk around the house without making that bell ring.....dang cat....guess Tatezi has a few stories too ;-)

      Hugggggs
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2004
        HI.Birdstories.I hve birds flying around the house.I hve a cat too.Outside he.ll catch a bird if the bird is really close,it.s a lazy cat.However inside the house he accepts the birds as part of the family and will not touch them.Sometimes the birds will come sit on the couch where he.s sleeping,he.ll look up,sort of bored and goes back to sleep again.If you are wondering how I keep my house clean.....don.t.Willem.

        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2004
          Willem had a visiting bird who build a nest on the top of a lampshade in his place. See, Willem and I have much in common...it's no wonder that marriage is the only answer <g>

          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2004
            In a message dated 5/2/2004 12:52:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            tatezi@... writes:
            Willem had a visiting bird who build a nest on the top of a lampshade in his
            place. See, Willem and I have much in common...it's no wonder that marriage is
            the only answer <g>
            Birds in the lamp shades are better than bats in the belfry.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 3, 2004
              LOL Willem.....you are such a riot....I will hopefully meet you when I come to Holland next year. Francina wants me to come this summer, but I told her I'm not in that bad of shape yet and promised her I'd come next year....she's the one who suggested I should meet you in Amsterdam so I guess that's where you're living? That gives you a year to clean your place....now if it was me, I'd need a couple year's notice <grin>
              Hugggggs

            • jtwagers7@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                That is SO cool Willem! Keep a house clean ? ? LOL! I know that
                feeling. I tell ya what -- I will trade you some of the birdie poop this morning
                for what I just saw in my hallway on my throw rug. I overslept this morning,
                and I've got three dogs (who sleep inside with me at night, and one apparently
                didn't over sleep like I did) and three cats, and ONE of the dogs (thank
                goodness just one) left me a nice surprise. I MUST drink my first cupt of
                coffee, though, before I tend to "their business", gosh bless it anyhow. What's
                that saying? Sh** happens. lol. Yeah it does, and It happened alright
                -- right in my hall. Other than that, it's a beautiful day here today.
                Have a great day.

                Julie

                Message 7 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                  In a message dated 5/4/2004 8:17:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  jtwagers7@... writes:
                  That is SO cool Willem! Keep a house clean ? ? LOL! I know that
                  feeling. I tell ya what -- I will trade you some of the birdie poop this
                  morning
                  for what I just saw in my hallway on my throw rug. I overslept this
                  morning,
                  and I've got three dogs (who sleep inside with me at night, and one
                  apparently
                  didn't over sleep like I did) and three cats, and ONE of the dogs (thank
                  goodness just one) left me a nice surprise. I MUST drink my first cupt of
                  coffee, though, before I tend to "their business", gosh bless it anyhow.
                  What's
                  that saying? Sh** happens. lol. Yeah it does, and It happened alright
                  -- right in my hall. Other than that, it's a beautiful day here today.
                  Have a great day.

                  Julie
                  That's okay Julie. I've been feeling guilty because I think I have
                  overtrained one of my cats. Ordinarily both cats sleep with us. I accidentally left
                  Shadow out on the porch one night. He is so trained to go in dirt that he broke
                  a hole in the screen door of the porch to do his "business" in the flower
                  garden, rather than on the concrete porch floor. I couldn't say a word, just
                  went to the hardware store and got new screen. They are, however, smart enough
                  to know to throw up inside, so that I'll know if they are sick.

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                    So far it's sounding like none of us are very good at keeping house...now if we could all live together, maybe we could afford a housekeeper (that's my dream in life ). <G>
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 5, 2004
                      Hey, i find my cats the best companions since kids grown and hus left... !!
                      My cat , Cheatah.. from Chester Cheatah of the cheese curls..LOL... he knows
                      when i am feeling bad and need comforting... love that.. LOL.. who needs a man
                      then..

                      fighting depression,
                      Dawn

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 6, 2004
                        In a message dated 5/6/2004 1:27:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        Dawnbeliever@... writes:
                        Hey, i find my cats the best companions since kids grown and hus left... !!
                        My cat , Cheatah.. from Chester Cheatah of the cheese curls..LOL... he knows
                        when i am feeling bad and need comforting... love that.. LOL.. who needs a
                        man
                        then..
                        Dear Dawn,
                        I could never have survived treatment without my Kaffir. He lay with me,
                        threw up with me (not him, me) and would have gone to the hospital with me, if he
                        could have. Shadow and Brandy were equally good about the aftermath. So
                        they can be wonderful caretakers. They also insist that you be reasonably
                        functional, so that they are fed, watered, and littered.
                        Helps.