Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Pidgeons

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      In a message dated 4/30/2004 7:07:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      tatezi@... writes:
      Bird watching does bring us pleasure and it sounds like you live in a great
      location. At my apartment in the city I'm limited to pigeons, sparrows and
      starlings. But my friends who have a house with yard a couple blocks away have a
      virtual wildlife sanctuary in their yard. But I feed the guys I
      have....although most people call pigeons flying rats
      Well, I hate to say they are flying rats. My biggest beef with them is that
      they and the squirrels have the irritating habit of making holes in one's
      roof. The pidgeons peck them right through solid 1 inch pine board. The
      squirrels are bright enough to pull the shingles off first. At any rate, I did not
      appreciate having either squirrels or pidgeons in my attic. Now, this was with
      two perfectly good trees, a sycamore with knots and a monstrous magnolia, to
      build nests in. So I wasn't exactly the hostess with the mostess towards our
      furred or feathered friends. I did not poison them......beyond that I will not
      go. :-). Anne