Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] kids

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2004
      Hi all

      I can sure relate to you Alley, I got pregnant when I was 42 and thought "no way, I'm not supposed to get pregnant" so my docs told me. I did have a miscarriage at 3 months and was devasted. But now, looking back, it would be very hard on me and a child and I would have had to stay with the father. I can't imagine having an 8 year old running around....OMG.....and a kid too....LOL.
      Huggggs
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
        And with the fatigue and depression I have from the hep and the fibromyalgia, there's no way I could take care of a child. I'd need a 24/7 nanny, a maid, a cook, a butler, you name it. Just having the grandkids here over the weekend wears me out now.

        There's so much more to do, more I want to do that can't be done with children. Lord love em but let me have my life, what little is left.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
          I chose to never have children because I am selfish....I want to do, what I want to do, when I want to do it...and you can't live that way with children. So back in the early 70s I took care of any chances of that happening to me.

          I admire people who have children. It's a huge responsibility...and it's pretty much a life long responsibility. But yet I worry about what type of world the children of today are going to have...and the way things are going it isn't looking all that good. Sure hope this is my last lifetime and I don't have to come back to experience the end of our Earth Mother.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
            In a message dated 4/29/2004 1:49:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            alleypat@... writes:
            And with the fatigue and depression I have from the hep and the fibromyalgia,
            there's no way I could take care of a child. I'd need a 24/7 nanny, a maid, a
            cook, a butler, you name it. Just having the grandkids here over the weekend
            wears me out now.
            Thank you Alley. I was beginning to feel a little guilty. My "grandchildren"
            are neither mine nor my husbands. They are Jeremy's wife's by a previous
            marriage. Counting us, they have 10 grandparents, so I don't feel the need to
            wear myself out with the grandparenting bit. For the most part, the rest of them
            are healthier than I am.

          • Gail Samples
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30, 2004
              Sure hope this is my last lifetime and I don't have to come back to
              experience the end of our Earth Mother.
              -----

              Amen to that one!

              gail