Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Life is so Hard...was thyroid problems

    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 28, 2004
      In a message dated 4/26/2004 1:37:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      shines@... writes:
      Treatment and prozac have laid waste to my libido. Off the prozac about 5
      months now, and libido is beginning to return.
      Anti-depressants have a tendency to do that. To me, it's not worth it. I'd
      rather watch the garden grow and enjoy Spring. By the way, pulling up weeds
      is a productive way of getting around riba rage, provided you have the energy
      to have the rage or move, in the first place.

      Hang in there, a better day is coming.

    • alleypat@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 28, 2004
        <<Treatment and prozac have laid waste to my libido. Off the prozac about 5
        months now, and libido is beginning to return.
        Anti-depressants have a tendency to do that.>>

        I haven't had that problem with Wellbutrin. Thank goodness! Maybe because it works on dopamine instead of seratonin.

        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 28, 2004
          Yeah, treatment and antidepressants do a number on your libido. I'm sure glad I'm past that time in my life where my libido had a top prioritity.

          Gardening....I used to do a lot of gardening...container gardening on the back porch of my apartment. I love to have my hands in the dirt...planting watching new life begin, weeding, etc. Flowers close to my door, a rose scented geranium and some lavendar closest to the door. The tomatos and peppers get planted further down the porch.

          But I don't know what will happen this year. They got busted by the city for an unsafe porch and have torn it down and are rebuilding...but they also redesigned it and have the stairs almost right outside my back door. I'm not going to have much space to work with and may just have to do with one or two hanging plants...and my bird bath for my pigeons. <g>

          Tatezi

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 29, 2004
            In a message dated 4/28/2004 9:23:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            tatezi@... writes:
            But I don't know what will happen this year. They got busted by the city for
            an unsafe porch and have torn it down and are rebuilding...but they also
            redesigned it and have the stairs almost right outside my back door. I'm not going
            to have much space to work with and may just have to do with one or two
            hanging plants...and my bird bath for my pigeons. <g>
            If your window sills will hold them, try window flower pots. They have metal
            brackets at Lowe's that you can loop over the edges of the window, put a box
            in, and go for it. You can close the window. If you have storm windows this
            won't work well. It will work with a screen. They are sturdy unless you
            really have high winds. We grew zucchini squash in ours last year. I didn't get
            enough to freeze, but we had plenty for the summer.
            Pidgeons........speaking of birds. We have a mother robin who lost her sense
            of direction. She buildt her nest on top of the front porch light fixture.
            So we promptly put a sign at the foot of the stairs for visitors and a note on
            the inside of the front door reminding us that we couldn't disturb her. She
            sits happily on her nest and I hope to see little heads peeping out soon.
            Bear in mind that we have a bird house that is empty. And innumerable trees for
            her to find a happy home in. In addition to that Mother we have another in our
            weeping cherry tree. She is Mrs. Cardinal and the cats have been politely
            guarding and watching. Shadow has no claws and Brandy only has her back ones,
            so they are no danger to her plus they both hate Blue Jays. All this makes for
            an interesting Spring. If I remember correctly, your Spring is about 6 weeks
            behind ours. I consider Spring the point at which I will leave windows open
            during the day, but not at night.
            Happy Gardening,

            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 30, 2004
              Thanks for the tip on window boxes. I have one outside my kitchen window which has become the birdbath while the porch is down and they can't have their big birdbath. But the other windows in my house are difficult to get to (I out grew this apartment years ago) and not conducive to window boxes.

              Love the stories about your birds. Robins seem to like to be around lights..must be the warmth. My friend had a pair last year and they are back this year. Babies flew away in about 3-4 weeks and their pair had two sets of babies.
              If your window sills will hold them, try window flower pots. ...We have a mother robin who lost her sense of direction. She buildt her nest on top of the front porch light fixture. So we promptly put a sign at the foot of the stairs for visitors and a note on the inside of the front door reminding us that we couldn't disturb her.

            • jtwagers7@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 30, 2004
                OMG! Who''s the bird enthusiast here? LOL. Loved the story about
                protecting the robin nest! I've got feeders and nesters everywhere and have been
                a bird enthusiast forever. My bluebirds are feeding their babies now.
                They'll usually do two nests per year in the same box. They almost got chased
                out by Chickadees this spring, but the blue birds finally WON! My wrens roost
                and nest in my hanging ferns every year (they'll nest anywhere, and I'll go
                out to protect the nest - lol!). I'll spend my last dime on black oil
                sunflower seed and thistle! The hummers are here now, and so it's sugar water
                making time, too. We're sitting here in the den this a.m., commenting on how
                many birds and hummers are feeding this morning. Love dem birdies AND flowers!
                Good medicine.

                Julie

                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 30, 2004
                  In a message dated 4/30/2004 8:45:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  tatezi@... writes:
                  I have one outside my kitchen window which has become the birdbath while the
                  porch is down and they can't have their big birdbath. But the other windows in
                  my house are difficult to get to (I out grew this apartment years ago) and
                  not conducive to window boxes
                  Glad you enjoyed the bird stories. I'll keep you posted on their goings on.
                  I didn't think about it, but David opened the pool, hope they don't fall in
                  and drowned. Our neighbors have a Canadian Goose Mother who has her nest on the
                  bank. Last year her eggs were broken with only one left. I seriously
                  considered trying to save it, since she had obviously deserted the nest.. It was too
                  late, and how would I teach a Canadian Goose how to fly. We have goose and
                  duck crossings in the neighborhood. The good news is that all the turtles in
                  the pond are box, so no snappers to eat baby geese or ducks......mallards.
                  Somewhere over by the river we had an Ospreys nest. The hurricane may have undone
                  that. I forgot to check and see if the tree is still there, or not.
                  Keep your bird bath. They probably need the water.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 30, 2004
                    Bird watching does bring us pleasure and it sounds like you live in a great location. At my apartment in the city I'm limited to pigeons, sparrows and starlings. But my friends who have a house with yard a couple blocks away have a virtual wildlife sanctuary in their yard. But I feed the guys I have....although most people call pigeons flying rats, I've learned they are pretty intelligent birds and have a great survival instict. Lots to be learned from watch our wildlife.

                    And it's Anne that has the robins nesting right now.......

                    Tatezi
                    Who''s the bird enthusiast here? LOL.. Love dem birdies AND flowers!
                    Good medicine.

                    Julie

                  • Dawnbeliever@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 4, 2004
                      I feel sorry for you folks.. I always say.. it is the best to live in the
                      country... all the animals and plants you want.. wish i could retire there.. did
                      grow up there.. just maybe.. will have to move back to my folks farm in South
                      Dakota.. proud of the country there...

                      Smiling today,
                      Dawn

                    • Dawnbeliever@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 22 , May 4, 2004
                        hey , read up on Canadian Geese.... they mate for a lifetime i believe... my
                        folks have a pair that come back every year to their stock dam... i love to
                        watch the geese move north and south each year.. !!

                        love all God's animals and plants,
                        Dawn