RE: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] marijuana and treatment

  • cable mom
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      Thank you for your replies which I will pass along to my friend. I knew I
      would get some good information if I asked you guys.

      Mark - This woman has been my friend since 1963 - we met in college - and
      she knows the risks. When she asked the nurse she was just looking for
      answers not trying to light up in the office! I remembered that I read
      somewhere that Queen Victoria used to smoke marijuana for menstrual cramps.

      Carol - If a government is enlightened enough to permit medical use of an
      herb you'd think they could provide something with decent quality! Not to
      mention allowing treatment for persons with low alts.

      Willem - I'm sorry about the Americans who can't hold their pot. My son,
      who teaches English in the Czech Republic was visiting in Belgium 2 years
      ago. They went to a small town in southern Holland (begins with M I think)
      and he bought pot just to say he had. But alcohol is addictive too, and I
      feel that the problem is political. I have read that the reason pot is
      illegal in the states was at least in part due to a strong liquor lobby.
      Remember "Reefer Madness"? A movie put out by the US goverment illustrating
      the horrors of pot smoking. In the 60s people used to get stoned to watch
      it and have a good laugh!

      As for the old bags in immigration, think of it as a charitable act on your
      part! LOL

      Pam in Maine