Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis]Smoking pot while on treatment

  • land
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
      HI.In Holland you can go to the Doc.and he.ll fill you out a prescribtion for pot.The pharmacy has it in stock.The government pays for it.National health-scheme.The world upside down (when you smoke it).In the summer Amsterdam is crowded with,to name but a few,with young americans,students from the midwest,etc.Going first to the anne frankhouse,the vincent van gogh museum and then to the coffeeshops to blow.You see them sitting and really going stupid,laughing at all kinds of things a normal person would.nt laugh at.They.re so boring and stereotype.After they.re being shaking in the coffeeshops they go out stoned in the streets where,big red eyes,swaggering and laughing and then ofcourse they are getting robbed by the people who are looking for these kind of innocent stupid americans and they clean them out from what they hve left,pasport,tickets etc.In the summer they hve a special dept. for the americans college boys and girls who are being cleaned out in Amsterdam.Yes,yes,yes..you can call your mum from here....Don.t talk about pot,I hate it.It.s become,at least in Amsterdam,a maffia-related means of making big,big,money.It also gives my beloved city a bad name.If I travel abroad and they see I.am from Amsterdam,even at my age,I hve to strip,it.s allright when it.s a nice young custom officer but I always meet the old bags.I also know many people who are addicted to pot.Po tis addictive.Sorry folks that I.am so negative about pot but come here for the summer and you might change yr. mind.Stick to Jack Daniels.Love and peace from the 70-ties and you know what that means,Willem.
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
        Sorry Claudine,
        I forgot to thank you for your info too. I had known about it helping
        nausea & appetitie, but, of course, I had forgotten :))

        Pam

        >From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
        >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [GIWorld-Hepatitis]Smoking pot while on treatment
        >Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:49:58 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >Hi Pam,
        > I used to have some information on this but I've dug through my
        >files and can't find it. There is (of course) contradictory
        >information, but this is what I remember:
        >Yes, it helps with sleep. It also helps with nausea and poor
        >appetite. And, surprisingly, people who used pot during treatment had
        >a higher response rate than those who did not. Too bad it's illegal.
        >Some people in some states have been prescribed Marinol (think thats
        >the name of it). If I should find my old info I'll post it.
        >Claudine
        >
        >--- cable mom <parend53@...> wrote:
        > > I have a question that maybe people on the list might help me with.
        > > I don't
        > > think I've seen anything about this, but that doesn't mean it
        > > hasn't been
        > > discussed - LOL. My memory is pretty shot.
        > >
        > > A friend of mine started treatment last week. She asked the nurse
        > > if
        > > smoking pot to help her sleep would interfere with treatment. The
        > > nurse got
        > > all bent out of shape and spluttered that it was illegal ending
        > > further
        > > discussion. She asked me, but I haven't had anything to do with
        > > pot since
        > > the 60s except to discuss drug usage with my children when they
        > > were
        > > teenagers. So what do I know?
        > >
        > > Has anyone heard about whether or not pot actually helps with
        > > sleeping and
        > > does it have any effect on treatment? Is it in the same class as
        > > cigaretter
        > > smoking? And what do they say about that and treatment?
        > >
        > > Thanks for any help you can give me.
        > >
        > > Pam in Maine

        >Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.
        >http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

        Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
        (Limited-time offer)
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
          In a message dated 4/1/2004 4:11:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          lands142@... writes:
[...]
          Dear Willem,

          Thank you for saying that. I was about to write my Motherly lecture on not
          smoking pot. Yes, it is addictive, more so than cigarettes and it's harder on
          your lungs. Marijuana sticks like the gunk it is. I don't like Jack Daniels,
          but if you gave me an order to take one or the other, I'd choose the Daniels
          ahead of the pot. I don't know if it's harder on the liver than alcohol, but I
          do know that drugs in general are. That includes some prescription drugs.

          FYI, I was in Amsterdam in the 70's, briefly. I skipped the "street scene"
          and came home with my passport. Beautiful city, it's a shame it's laws aren't
          stricter.

          Okay, I'm off my soap box.

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
            Hi Willem...hmmm, Francina has never mentioned Amsterdam as being that bad....she sure complains about the Hague though.....she has a job at foreign affairs and doesn't have to go through there anymore, Thank God.

            Huggggs and waves across the pond

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
              Hey, who said you could borrow my soap box.....<g>

              Okay, I'm off my soap box.

            • Dawnbeliever@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
                Oh, and I think .. from observation of users of marijuana over a long time
                period.. for whatever reason.. do show.. that it seems to kill some personality
                traits... such as ambition... like that commercial of the older guy still
                living with his mom and no job... just retards your maturation, I believe.

                Had to get my input in on this,
                Dawn

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 3, 2004
                  In a message dated 4/3/2004 1:58:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                  Dawnbeliever@... writes:
                  Oh, and I think .. from observation of users of marijuana over a long time
                  period.. for whatever reason.. do show.. that it seems to kill some
                  personality
                  traits... such as ambition... like that commercial of the older guy still
                  living with his mom and no job... just retards your maturation, I believe.
                  I agree, but I'll add something of a personal experience. A person that I
                  know who was a non-cigarette smoker, but a heavy pot smoker for years, died at
                  the age of 52 from lung cancer.
                  What more can I say? We've got enough problems without adding on any. Plus
                  I would think it would take away what little energy any of us have. That I
                  don't need.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 3, 2004
                    In a message dated 4/2/2004 5:28:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                    tatezi@... writes:
                    Hey, who said you could borrow my soap box.....<g>
                    Sorry, I don't do that often :-). How goes the new job?