Re: question

  • tammster62
    Message 1 of 110 , Mar 25, 2004
      --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>
      wrote:
      >Without having done treatment, how do you know how you will react it
      >it.
      Well said and a very good point.

      >they are now proving that HCV can cause brain dementia.
      So I am not just losing my mind!!!!! I seem to be in a fog sometimes
      and it is driving me crazy. I can't handle multi-situations that in
      times past would have been no problem. Will this go away?

      >weren't you only diagnosed several months ago?
      No I have known since the test first came out. It was about 4 years
      ago (and insurance) that they decided that I needed to do the
      treatments.

      >Don't push yourself to make a decision if you aren't ready.
      It is time. I know that. I just like to know what I am doing and the
      docs don't give me the information that I can get here. You know,
      laymans terms and all that.
      I will be starting the treatments the first week of June. That way
      the kids will be out of school and I won't HAVE to go anywhere if I
      don't feel like it. I will also have someone here to help me.
      Thanks for everything.

      <><TammieD><>
    • Shshonee
      Message 110 of 110 , Oct 7, 2004
        The longer you do treatment the more tired you get, that's pretty normal. The meds build up in your system over time and your body gets plum tuckered out.

        My hair thinned a lot on treatment, but it came back. I just whacked it all off. Was almost to my waist and I was too tired to mess with it on treatment so I cut it off to an inch or two all around and died it red and spiked it up punk (I was dark blonde lol). Talk about going wild! (for me that is wild, my husband nearly freaked). But it was fun :). I knew I couldn't maintain that long mess and had to cut it, why not have fun with it? Now I'm growing it out. It's down to my shoulders, about where I'll keep it now. I'm too lazy to mess with hair much anymore.

        I ordered groceries online (albertsons.com in my area delivers for $10.00 and it was worth the price cuz I was pooped), got a maid every other month to clean the toilets, and made sure the groceries were nukable and made the family cook for themselves while I hogged the remote and propped my feet up.

        Don't hesitate to take advantage of this time of your life. Look on the good side! You be sick. Make THEM work!! Their (the family) is good for something, we hope anyway. And if they don't, shame their lazy butts into it. lol I babysat my daughter's two preschoolers on treatment and they kept me busy and focused on other things so I really didn't get to lie around much, but they were good kids and daughter kept house for me on her day off. If hubby didn't do laundry, hubby had no clean clothes. If hubby didn't do dishes, hubby had no clean dishes. It's as simple as that. :)

        Nothing wrong with accepting you don't feel good, cuz you DON"T. And don't let nobody tell you no different. Most people don't feel peachy keen on treatment. Family don't like it, tell family to do treatment lol. Remind them that if it were cancer, they wouldn't be ignoring the situation. Tell them to substitute "cancer" for "hep C" and "chemo" for "treatment" and there ya go. They'd be all 'oh honey what can I do to help you, you poor thang'. Wouldn't they?

        My advice, use it. :) Take advantage of it best ya can.

        Don't feel guilty.

        It doesn't last forever.

        Relax.

        Take a deep breath.

        Get a big stick.

        Hit anybody who gives you a hard time up side the head and tell God they died (an old saying in my family, don't really do it, I'd be liable :).