Skip to search.

Ed

  • NexusTeam@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2000
      Ed:
      I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with pain and getting help from
      your doc. I hope you get relief soon! :)

      I had several abnormal liver enzyme tests (they were elevated by more than
      twice their normal range) and doe 15 years three different docs said it must
      have been the beer or two I had the night before that made the levels so
      high. In Sept 1999 I found out it was Hep C that I got from a contaminated
      blood transfusion in 1984!

      As if that isn't enough, I had to have surgery in Dec. 1999, and when one of
      the nurses was informed I had Hep C she said "It's too bad. Self-inflicted
      wounds are the worst kind." I quickly educated her!

      While I know doctors/nurses/health providers are only human, they do need to
      be aware of the changes and new information concerning health. I sure hope
      this hasn't happened or will happen to many more people! Hollie