Links on HBV

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 14, 2004
    • Sameer Khalid
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 24, 2004
        Thanks Tatezi, Doc for ur help.
        I have been at my college, so could not reply to ur mails.
        Thanks again Tatezie for the links.
        Sameer
      • land
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 25, 2004
          HI.OK sameer you can thank Tatezi but don.t go any further then that!!!!.Willem.

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 25, 2004
            You are welcome...
              HI.OK sameer you can thank Tatezi but don.t go any further then that!!!!.Willem.
              I have been at my college, so could not reply to ur mails.
              Thanks again Tatezie for the links.
              Sameer

            • cable mom
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 31, 2004
                I have a question that maybe people on the list might help me with. I don't
                think I've seen anything about this, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been
                discussed - LOL. My memory is pretty shot.

                A friend of mine started treatment last week. She asked the nurse if
                smoking pot to help her sleep would interfere with treatment. The nurse got
                all bent out of shape and spluttered that it was illegal ending further
                discussion. She asked me, but I haven't had anything to do with pot since
                the 60s except to discuss drug usage with my children when they were
                teenagers. So what do I know?

                Has anyone heard about whether or not pot actually helps with sleeping and
                does it have any effect on treatment? Is it in the same class as cigaretter
                smoking? And what do they say about that and treatment?

                Thanks for any help you can give me.

                Pam in Maine

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 31, 2004
                  Hi Pam,
                  I used to have some information on this but I've dug through my
                  files and can't find it. There is (of course) contradictory
                  information, but this is what I remember:
                  Yes, it helps with sleep. It also helps with nausea and poor
                  appetite. And, surprisingly, people who used pot during treatment had
                  a higher response rate than those who did not. Too bad it's illegal.
                  Some people in some states have been prescribed Marinol (think thats
                  the name of it). If I should find my old info I'll post it.
                  Claudine

                  http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 31, 2004
                    Hi Claudine and cable mom.....Canada has approved pot for some medical conditions (not sure which ones except of course for chemotherapy) but from what I've heard the quality of it is so poor that it's not worth it. Personally, I don't know.....haven't done that since the 70s, yes reallllly.....I didn't like it cuz it just made me laff a lot at nothing funny.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
                      HI.In Holland you can go to the Doc.and he.ll fill you out a prescribtion for pot.The pharmacy has it in stock.The government pays for it.National health-scheme.The world upside down (when you smoke it).In the summer Amsterdam is crowded with,to name but a few,with young americans,students from the midwest,etc.Going first to the anne frankhouse,the vincent van gogh museum and then to the coffeeshops to blow.You see them sitting and really going stupid,laughing at all kinds of things a normal person would.nt laugh at.They.re so boring and stereotype.After they.re being shaking in the coffeeshops they go out stoned in the streets where,big red eyes,swaggering and laughing and then ofcourse they are getting robbed by the people who are looking for these kind of innocent stupid americans and they clean them out from what they hve left,pasport,tickets etc.In the summer they hve a special dept. for the americans college boys and girls who are being cleaned out in Amsterdam.Yes,yes,yes..you can call your mum from here....Don.t talk about pot,I hate it.It.s become,at least in Amsterdam,a maffia-related means of making big,big,money.It also gives my beloved city a bad name.If I travel abroad and they see I.am from Amsterdam,even at my age,I hve to strip,it.s allright when it.s a nice young custom officer but I always meet the old bags.I also know many people who are addicted to pot.Po tis addictive.Sorry folks that I.am so negative about pot but come here for the summer and you might change yr. mind.Stick to Jack Daniels.Love and peace from the 70-ties and you know what that means,Willem.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
                        Sorry Claudine,
                        I forgot to thank you for your info too. I had known about it helping
                        nausea & appetitie, but, of course, I had forgotten :))

                        Pam

                        >From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
                        >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: RE: [GIWorld-Hepatitis]Smoking pot while on treatment
                        >Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:49:58 -0800 (PST)
                        >
                        >Hi Pam,
                        > I used to have some information on this but I've dug through my
                        >files and can't find it. There is (of course) contradictory
                        >information, but this is what I remember:
                        >Yes, it helps with sleep. It also helps with nausea and poor
                        >appetite. And, surprisingly, people who used pot during treatment had
                        >a higher response rate than those who did not. Too bad it's illegal.
                        >Some people in some states have been prescribed Marinol (think thats
                        >the name of it). If I should find my old info I'll post it.
                        >Claudine
                        >
                        >--- cable mom <parend53@...> wrote:
                        > > I have a question that maybe people on the list might help me with.
                        > > I don't
                        > > think I've seen anything about this, but that doesn't mean it
                        > > hasn't been
                        > > discussed - LOL. My memory is pretty shot.
                        > >
                        > > A friend of mine started treatment last week. She asked the nurse
                        > > if
                        > > smoking pot to help her sleep would interfere with treatment. The
                        > > nurse got
                        > > all bent out of shape and spluttered that it was illegal ending
                        > > further
                        > > discussion. She asked me, but I haven't had anything to do with
                        > > pot since
                        > > the 60s except to discuss drug usage with my children when they
                        > > were
                        > > teenagers. So what do I know?
                        > >
                        > > Has anyone heard about whether or not pot actually helps with
                        > > sleeping and
                        > > does it have any effect on treatment? Is it in the same class as
                        > > cigaretter
                        > > smoking? And what do they say about that and treatment?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for any help you can give me.
                        > >
                        > > Pam in Maine

                        >Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.
                        >http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

                        Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
                        (Limited-time offer)
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
                          In a message dated 4/1/2004 4:11:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                          lands142@... writes:
[...]
                          Dear Willem,

                          Thank you for saying that. I was about to write my Motherly lecture on not
                          smoking pot. Yes, it is addictive, more so than cigarettes and it's harder on
                          your lungs. Marijuana sticks like the gunk it is. I don't like Jack Daniels,
                          but if you gave me an order to take one or the other, I'd choose the Daniels
                          ahead of the pot. I don't know if it's harder on the liver than alcohol, but I
                          do know that drugs in general are. That includes some prescription drugs.

                          FYI, I was in Amsterdam in the 70's, briefly. I skipped the "street scene"
                          and came home with my passport. Beautiful city, it's a shame it's laws aren't
                          stricter.

                          Okay, I'm off my soap box.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
                            Hi Willem...hmmm, Francina has never mentioned Amsterdam as being that bad....she sure complains about the Hague though.....she has a job at foreign affairs and doesn't have to go through there anymore, Thank God.

                            Huggggs and waves across the pond

                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
                              Hey, who said you could borrow my soap box.....<g>

                              Okay, I'm off my soap box.

                            • Dawnbeliever@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
                                Oh, and I think .. from observation of users of marijuana over a long time
                                period.. for whatever reason.. do show.. that it seems to kill some personality
                                traits... such as ambition... like that commercial of the older guy still
                                living with his mom and no job... just retards your maturation, I believe.

                                Had to get my input in on this,
                                Dawn

                                Message 15 of 16 , Apr 3, 2004
                                  In a message dated 4/3/2004 1:58:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                                  Dawnbeliever@... writes:
                                  Oh, and I think .. from observation of users of marijuana over a long time
                                  period.. for whatever reason.. do show.. that it seems to kill some
                                  personality
                                  traits... such as ambition... like that commercial of the older guy still
                                  living with his mom and no job... just retards your maturation, I believe.
                                  I agree, but I'll add something of a personal experience. A person that I
                                  know who was a non-cigarette smoker, but a heavy pot smoker for years, died at
                                  the age of 52 from lung cancer.
                                  What more can I say? We've got enough problems without adding on any. Plus
                                  I would think it would take away what little energy any of us have. That I
                                  don't need.

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 3, 2004
                                    In a message dated 4/2/2004 5:28:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                    tatezi@... writes:
                                    Hey, who said you could borrow my soap box.....<g>
                                    Sorry, I don't do that often :-). How goes the new job?