Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Hep B

Expand Messages
  • w.m.landstra
    Hi again.Did go to the web and it said 5-10 % do not recover after six months and the disease becomes chronic.The other 90% are considered cured does that mean
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi again.Did go to the web and it said 5-10 % do not recover after six months and the disease becomes chronic.The other 90% are considered cured does that mean they don.t have a chronic disease?.When I was still a SVR after one year the leading C specialist in Holland,Dr.Reesink,told me you.re cured you don.t have to come back.I need some answers now.I.am a SVR,the virus is let say inactive or they cannot show it with the test they have now.BUT my liver had some damage does that mean that although the virus is inactive the liver-scarring continues?.When I went to my Doc and asked for a bloodtest to determine my liver enzymes he told me it.s not needed.You know what I.ll go again and persist on a test.And what does the group knows about following up of SVR.s in general.Thanks Willem.


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Gail Samples
      Not a thing Willem-hopefully Doc will give an answer, it would be good to hear what he has to say about HCV SVR s. gail ... From: w.m.landstra
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        Not a thing Willem-hopefully Doc will give an answer, it would be good to
        hear what he has to say about HCV SVR's.

        gail

        -----Original Message-----
        From: w.m.landstra [mailto:lands142@...]
        Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 1:24 PM
        To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hep B


        And what does the group knows about following up of SVR.s in general.Thanks
        Willem.
      • claudine intexas
        ... I know very little about HBV but occasionally notice info on it while looking up HCV stuff. What I have noticed in the news recently about HBV is that many
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          --- "w.m.landstra" <lands142@...> wrote:
          > Hi again.Did go to the web and it said 5-10 % do not recover after
          > six months and the disease becomes chronic.The other 90% are
          > considered cured does that mean they don.t have a chronic
          > disease?.

          I know very little about HBV but occasionally notice info on it while
          looking up HCV stuff. What I have noticed in the news recently about
          HBV is that many people who were formerly considered to be cured
          still had the disease still active in their liver, and they now
          believe there are more chronic cases than previously thought.

          > When I went to my
          > Doc and asked for a bloodtest to determine my liver enzymes he told
          > me it.s not needed.You know what I.ll go again and persist on a
          > test.And what does the group knows about following up of SVR.s in

          I would still be checking both LFT's and viral load, at least
          occasionally. There are some cases of late relapse, although rare.

          Claudine

          __________________________________
          Do you Yahoo!?
          Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online.
          http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
        • Tatezi
          The doctors/interns I see at county tell me that they will have me in for my RNA 6 and 12 months post treatment...If I make it to that year mark, I should be a
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            The doctors/interns I see at county tell me that they will have me in for my RNA 6 and 12 months post treatment...If I make it to that year mark, I should be a SVR. But remember...these are the morons at the county facility who don't even understand the sides to Pegasys and won't treat them.

            Tatezi
            ----- Original Message -----
            From: Gail Samples
            To: 'GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com'
            Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 12:46 PM
            Subject: RE: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hep B


            Not a thing Willem-hopefully Doc will give an answer, it would be good to
            hear what he has to say about HCV SVR's.

            gail

            -----Original Message-----
            From: w.m.landstra [mailto:lands142@...]
            Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 1:24 PM
            To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hep B


            And what does the group knows about following up of SVR.s in general.Thanks
            Willem.





            Welcome to GIHepWorld

            Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
            Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            Unsubscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            List owner: GIWorld-Hepatitis-owner@yahoogroups.com
            URL to this page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GIWorld-Hepatitis



            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            ADVERTISEMENT





            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Yahoo! Groups Links

            a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GIWorld-Hepatitis/

            b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            GIWorld-Hepatitis-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.