Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Astragalus Root

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2004
      Hi Tatezi - I'm so glad to see you back! Don't go disappearing on us
      again. I'm glad to hear that you are that you are undetectable too.
      Thanks for the info on astragalus.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • gailsamples@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2004
        Hey Tatezi-

        Thanks for the info on Astralgus-I knew I got excited about it for good reason. Or maybe I got so excited as there has not been much hope in my life lately-who knows. I need some sun! Every day I have off from work lately, it is grey, cloudy, and raining-argh!!! I ordered some (along with other things) for husband to take-for its cardiac properties. He had developed the all-over muscle hurting from the Rx statin prescribed for his high cholesterol. He stopped taking it and the pain is receding. Actually, it is good that you replied as I though of you while reading on Astralgus-wondered if it would help some with the tiredness. So you are taking it now?

        I haven't gotten around to making the lotion yet. My brother-in-law died last week and left no will, no arrangements, nothing. So it has been a little hectic for me the past week. I am hoping to get to produce this Sunday, now I have three batches to make instead of two.

        Glad to see you come roaring back.

        gail

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2004
          Hi Claudine...

          Thanks for welcoming me back, Claudine. I've been sitting back and occasionally going through the archives. This discussion on astragalus root and no one having any information made me realize that it's important we have a wide variety of knowledge on our list to keep it the best Hep C list around. And while I was gone, I tried other lists...and none of them compare to our list.

          Yeah, how bout that, responding at the half way point of pegasys. Now if I can just sustain that response after treatment. But I stay positive....I didn't respond at all to rebetron and hey, Willem is my inspiration...try and try and try again until you do sustain a response.

          Blessings

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2004
            Hi honey... <g>

            Astragalus root can be bought in just it's basic form. The chinese, because of the way they treat the whole, never use single herbs...it's always blends. Something for the heat (or the wind or the cold), something for the kidneys, something for this and something for that. I buy the Solgar brand of Astragalus root. If my knowledge of oriental medicine were stronger I might work with blends...but it isn't and you can do a lot of damage if you mix the wrong herbs. So I work with what I know and have been able to thoroughly research. But I have to admit, I've been toying with taking the chinese herb classes at the oriental school of medicine down the street...if only I could afford them.

            So my pigeons have been giving me lots of feathers for my cape...you still got our horse barn on hold? <For those of you who don't know, Willem and I are going to get married in a horse barn in the Netherlands and I'm wearing a cape of feathers and he'll be there in full drag>

            Liefs my dear Willem,