RE: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] astragalus - warning about Bupleurum

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
      Do NOT take this formula if you are on treatment! It contains
      Bupleurum root, which interacts with interferon and has caused
      deaths. It is a great Chinese herb if you are NOT on treatment
      though. If you have high blood pressure or portal hypertension you
      should be very cautious with this formula (or just avoid) due to the
      Licorice root.
      Claudine

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • w.m.landstra
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
        HI.THANK YOU CLAUDINE.Oh boy I hve told a friend of mine who has hep C and
        is on treatment about this herb and forwarded all mail reg. this herb to
        him.I told him to be carefull and informed him about the dangers.Willem.
> [...]
        > > 20 mg ?
        > > ? Daily Value not established.
        > >
        > > Other Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, vegetable gelatin
        > > (capsule).
        > >
        > > ***= Untreated Chinese Origin
        > > Each 2 capsules contain 3,000 mg crude herb equivalent
        > > Gaia Herbs Liquid Phyto-Caps Patent pending.
        > >
        > > Expiration Date: Approx. 2 years from the date of the
        > > purchase.
        > >
        > > Brand: Gaia Herbs
        > > 60 Liquid-filled Capsules
        > > _________
        > >
        > > I'm not promoting it at all, just found it interesting that
        > > there is a supposed "hep" formula with astragalus available.
        > >
        > > Sally Hines

        > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd

      • Sally Hines
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
          Claudine,

          Thank you so much for the information and warning.

          Sally