RE: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] astragalus

  • Sally Hines
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
      Searching iherb for astragalus I found this among the
      others.

      _______
      Hep Support (formerly Hep C), Gaia Herbs, 60 Liquid-Filled
      Capsules
      with Astragalus and Maitake
      Extra Strength
      Liquid Phyto-Caps
      For Deep Liver Support
      100% Vegetarian
      A Dietary Supplement

      Liquid Phyto-Caps - Gaia Herbs' patented technology delivers
      a concentrated full spectrum alcohol-free liquid extract in
      a 100% vegetarian capsule. Now you can have the superior
      bioavailability and fast absorption of a liquid delivery
      system, from certified organic and ecologically wildcrafted
      herbs, in a convenient capsule.

      Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule with a small amount of warm
      water 2 times daily between meals. Not to be used during
      pregnancy or lactation. Keep away from children. Use only as
      directed on label. Safety sealed for your protection. Keep
      bottle capped at all times and store in a cool dry place.
      Natural separation may occur. This does not affect product
      quality.

      Supplement Facts:
      Serving Size 1 Capsule
      Servings Per Container 60

      Amount per 2 capsules
      Calories 18
      Alcohol Free concentrated Extracts Of:
      Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceous) *** 200 mg †

      Chinese Skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis) *** 100
      mg †
      Chinese Bupleurum root (Bupleurum falcatum) *** 60 mg †

      Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) *** 30 mg
      †
      Maitake mushroom (Grifola frondosa) *** 20
      mg †
      Licorice root (Glycyrriza glabra) ***
      20 mg †
      † Daily Value not established.

      Other Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, vegetable gelatin
      (capsule).

      ***= Untreated Chinese Origin
      Each 2 capsules contain 3,000 mg crude herb equivalent
      Gaia Herbs Liquid Phyto-Caps Patent pending.

      Expiration Date: Approx. 2 years from the date of the
      purchase.

      Brand: Gaia Herbs
      60 Liquid-filled Capsules
      _________

      I'm not promoting it at all, just found it interesting that
      there is a supposed "hep" formula with astragalus available.

      Sally Hines

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
        Do NOT take this formula if you are on treatment! It contains
        Bupleurum root, which interacts with interferon and has caused
        deaths. It is a great Chinese herb if you are NOT on treatment
        though. If you have high blood pressure or portal hypertension you
        should be very cautious with this formula (or just avoid) due to the
        Licorice root.
        Claudine

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
      • w.m.landstra
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
          HI.THANK YOU CLAUDINE.Oh boy I hve told a friend of mine who has hep C and
          is on treatment about this herb and forwarded all mail reg. this herb to
          him.I told him to be carefull and informed him about the dangers.Willem.
> [...]
          > > 20 mg ?
          > > ? Daily Value not established.
          > >
          > > Other Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, vegetable gelatin
          > > (capsule).
          > >
          > > ***= Untreated Chinese Origin
          > > Each 2 capsules contain 3,000 mg crude herb equivalent
          > > Gaia Herbs Liquid Phyto-Caps Patent pending.
          > >
          > > Expiration Date: Approx. 2 years from the date of the
          > > purchase.
          > >
          > > Brand: Gaia Herbs
          > > 60 Liquid-filled Capsules
          > > _________
          > >
          > > I'm not promoting it at all, just found it interesting that
          > > there is a supposed "hep" formula with astragalus available.
          > >
          > > Sally Hines

          > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd

        • Sally Hines
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
            Claudine,

            Thank you so much for the information and warning.

            Sally