Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: When to start

  • Suzy Balone
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 25, 2004
      Alley,
      what a rough time you are having with your body. I am so sorry to hear, you
      have been such an inspiration to the group. hope that everything works out
      for you
      Suzy

      From: "Alley" <alleypat@...>
      To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: When to start
      Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:44:11 -0600

      << I have what is called an anaplastic
      astrocytoma grade III. If I follow the statistics, I may have three
      to five years. My goal is to get into a clinical trial but cannot
      because they found the hep C. So I am trying to get rid of the hep c >>

      I don't qualify for trials either. I don't think you'll qualify for the
      cancer trials even if you do get rid of the hep, cuz of the hep treatment.
      You need to double check on that.

      I don't qualify for cancer trials because of the hep and because of the
      treatment, I don't qualify for the hep c trials because of the cancer etc.
      Catch 22.

      << What kind of cancers does it promote by the way? >>

      I don't know any more than what the given literature says. You might want
      to delve further into that. There hasn't been much time honored study on
      riba and cancer unfortunately. It hasn't been used long enough on hep c
      people to accumulate data. It may be that it triggers cancer (we all have
      cancer cells in our body, they just aren't "on") or it may be a coincidence
      or both.

      If you gotta get rid of the hep to do more trials, just know that genotype
      1's have a 50% (or less depends on who you listen to) chance of getting rid
      of it with peg/riba. With a terminal cancer, I don't think I'd worry about
      the riba.

      You've got some tuff choices out there. Good luck. Let us know what you
      decide.

      Alley
      Grand Prairie, Tx

      Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up � fast & reliable Internet access with prime