Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] I'm kind of confused, but that's nothing new - LOL

  • w.m.landstra
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 13, 2004
      HI.Welcome to the group Julie.You.ll find a lot of support and knowledge here,frome novices to old troopers,from Canada to Holland.Good Luck,Willem.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 13, 2004
        Hi Julie,

        Welcome to the group. I'm sure you will like it here, and find lots
        of support. Good luck with your decision. Treatment with these meds
        is certainly not fun, but it's all we've got right now, and probably
        all there will be for many years still.

        Take care,

      • Sally Hines
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2004
          Hi Julie,

          I don't know how I got signed up on this list either. Is
          there someone out there signing folks up for your list
          anonymously?

          Sally Hines
          shines@...

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
            Hi all,
            Initially this was a group where anyone could sign in and become a member. Sometime ago I made the membership approval mandatory and forgot all about it.
            So when I saw that there were many memberships pending for the past 3 months, I approved them now. I think at sometime you must have asked for the membership and forgotten all about it as no response came your way.
            I apologise for the delay and if you do not need to be a member anymore , please unsubscribe yourself.

            Otherwise welcome aboard.

            With best wishes,
            Dr Sharat Misra MD, DM, FACG
            Consultant Gastroenterologist

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
              Thank you for the explanation. I do need to be on the list.
              Brain fog being one of the banes of HCV, I suffer greatly. I
              also have intense senior moments. <grin> I did have a spell
              of joining lists a few months back.

              I have HCV, probably for at least 45 years. I have early
              cirrhosis, have had combo treatment once, and relapsed
              immediately. I also have diabetes, with very difficult to
              control bg levels, and neuropathy.

              I've been out of work for over 2 years, just started a new
              job 2 weeks ago. The hours and demands are a bit of a shock
              to my system. Exhaustion is a real problem.

              Good to be brought into the list.

              Sally

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
                LOL. Hi Sally. Someone must be looking out for me during all my "confusion"
                lately because I was kind of "shocked" to start getting mail from this forum,
                but I am SO GLAD I DID!!! So far, I have really enjoyed the articles I've
                read that some have put here.

                I hope you're doing OK. ANd as far as someone else signing us up ? ? I
                have NO idea! LOL! This cyberland stuff can be cool (yet sometimes scary,
                too).

                Hang in there.

                Julie

              • jtwagers7@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
                  Big hugs to you Sally.

                  Now I guess we both know a little more about each other and who was looking
                  out for us! LOL! When I was first diagnosed, I signed up for A LOT of
                  forums (I was new to computers, too, and didn't really know what I was doing, not
                  to mention my head was spinning from the diagnosis and my brain wasn't
                  working too good). The "delay", though, in approval for membership hasactually
                  been "right on time" for me because I was at the point of feeling like giving up
                  hope.

                  Just when you think there's none -- here it comes :) :) :) :)

                  You hang in there.

                  Julie

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
                    Hi Sally,
                    I'm glad you found us and are finally receiving mail from the
                    group! I'm sure you will find lots of support and hopefully help from
                    the group here. It's a great group of people.

                    Good luck!
                    Claudine

                    --- Sally Hines <shines@...> wrote:
                    > Thank you for the explanation. I do need to be on the list.
                    > Brain fog being one of the banes of HCV, I suffer greatly. I
                    > also have intense senior moments. <grin> I did have a spell
                    > of joining lists a few months back.
                    >
                    > I have HCV, probably for at least 45 years. I have early
                    > cirrhosis, have had combo treatment once, and relapsed
                    > immediately. I also have diabetes, with very difficult to
                    > control bg levels, and neuropathy.
                    >
                    > I've been out of work for over 2 years, just started a new
                    > job 2 weeks ago. The hours and demands are a bit of a shock
                    > to my system. Exhaustion is a real problem.
                    >
                    > Good to be brought into the list.
                    >
                    > Sally

                  • Alley
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 15, 2004
                      Hi Sally, welcome to the list :)

                      I'm Alley, I'm 48, have hcv and hbv, live in Texas and don't work,
                      did treatment once, relapsed, won't do it again, once was enough lol.
                      I have mild fibrosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression. The
                      last three made worse by the treatment. Actually, I didn't have
                      depression before treatment at all. Wierd huh?

                      Nice to meet you :) You'll find a lot of good info here.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 16, 2004
                        In a message dated 1/13/2004 12:41:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                        jtwagers7@... writes:

                        > I went under the care of a periodontist in November and had my
                        > periodontal disease (which was termed "silent" peridontal disease)
                        > treated. I have since begun feeling 100% better, and although I want
                        > to try the Hep C treatment again (Pegasys / Copegus combo), I'm
                        > still undecided if I want to go through it again.
                        >
                        > Anyhow.... I look forward to being a part of this group! Good luck
                        > and hugs to everyone.

                        Dear Julie,
                        I'm getting ready to consider restarting myself. My original treatment was
                        in the late 90's moderately, but not completely successful. Sides were most
                        "unfun". Glad your gums are better. Take VitaminC. that might prevent future
                        probs.