RE: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] I'm kind of confused, but that's nothing new - LOL

  • Gail Samples
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 13, 2004
      Hi Julie. I understand why you're hesitant to go with treatment again if
      you feel so much better. Have you had a liver biopsy? This is really the
      landmark to go by when considering treatment. If your biopsy shows little
      damage, then you can drag your feet in regards to treatment. If it shows
      damage-moderate to severe, then you should consider treatment-even if you
      don't respond, treatment will slow progression of liver damage, even help it
      heal during the treatment. Some doctors will prescribe low dose, long term
      interferon treatment for that purpose only. Either way you go-you will be
      mostly supported here-we have all agreed to disagree now and then.

      gail

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2004
          Hi Julie,

          Welcome to the group. I'm sure you will like it here, and find lots
          of support. Good luck with your decision. Treatment with these meds
          is certainly not fun, but it's all we've got right now, and probably
          all there will be for many years still.

          Take care,

        • Sally Hines
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 13, 2004
            Hi Julie,

            I don't know how I got signed up on this list either. Is
            there someone out there signing folks up for your list
            anonymously?

            Sally Hines
            shines@...

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
              Hi all,
              Initially this was a group where anyone could sign in and become a member. Sometime ago I made the membership approval mandatory and forgot all about it.
              So when I saw that there were many memberships pending for the past 3 months, I approved them now. I think at sometime you must have asked for the membership and forgotten all about it as no response came your way.
              I apologise for the delay and if you do not need to be a member anymore , please unsubscribe yourself.

              Otherwise welcome aboard.

              With best wishes,
              Dr Sharat Misra MD, DM, FACG
              Consultant Gastroenterologist

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
                Thank you for the explanation. I do need to be on the list.
                Brain fog being one of the banes of HCV, I suffer greatly. I
                also have intense senior moments. <grin> I did have a spell
                of joining lists a few months back.

                I have HCV, probably for at least 45 years. I have early
                cirrhosis, have had combo treatment once, and relapsed
                immediately. I also have diabetes, with very difficult to
                control bg levels, and neuropathy.

                I've been out of work for over 2 years, just started a new
                job 2 weeks ago. The hours and demands are a bit of a shock
                to my system. Exhaustion is a real problem.

                Good to be brought into the list.

                Sally

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
                  LOL. Hi Sally. Someone must be looking out for me during all my "confusion"
                  lately because I was kind of "shocked" to start getting mail from this forum,
                  but I am SO GLAD I DID!!! So far, I have really enjoyed the articles I've
                  read that some have put here.

                  I hope you're doing OK. ANd as far as someone else signing us up ? ? I
                  have NO idea! LOL! This cyberland stuff can be cool (yet sometimes scary,
                  too).

                  Hang in there.

                  Julie

                • jtwagers7@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
                    Big hugs to you Sally.

                    Now I guess we both know a little more about each other and who was looking
                    out for us! LOL! When I was first diagnosed, I signed up for A LOT of
                    forums (I was new to computers, too, and didn't really know what I was doing, not
                    to mention my head was spinning from the diagnosis and my brain wasn't
                    working too good). The "delay", though, in approval for membership hasactually
                    been "right on time" for me because I was at the point of feeling like giving up
                    hope.

                    Just when you think there's none -- here it comes :) :) :) :)

                    You hang in there.

                    Julie

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 14, 2004
                      Hi Sally,
                      I'm glad you found us and are finally receiving mail from the
                      group! I'm sure you will find lots of support and hopefully help from
                      the group here. It's a great group of people.

                      Good luck!
                      Claudine

                      --- Sally Hines <shines@...> wrote:
                      > Thank you for the explanation. I do need to be on the list.
                      > Brain fog being one of the banes of HCV, I suffer greatly. I
                      > also have intense senior moments. <grin> I did have a spell
                      > of joining lists a few months back.
                      >
                      > I have HCV, probably for at least 45 years. I have early
                      > cirrhosis, have had combo treatment once, and relapsed
                      > immediately. I also have diabetes, with very difficult to
                      > control bg levels, and neuropathy.
                      >
                      > I've been out of work for over 2 years, just started a new
                      > job 2 weeks ago. The hours and demands are a bit of a shock
                      > to my system. Exhaustion is a real problem.
                      >
                      > Good to be brought into the list.
                      >
                      > Sally

                    • Alley
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 15, 2004
                        Hi Sally, welcome to the list :)

                        I'm Alley, I'm 48, have hcv and hbv, live in Texas and don't work,
                        did treatment once, relapsed, won't do it again, once was enough lol.
                        I have mild fibrosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression. The
                        last three made worse by the treatment. Actually, I didn't have
                        depression before treatment at all. Wierd huh?

                        Nice to meet you :) You'll find a lot of good info here.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 16, 2004
                          In a message dated 1/13/2004 12:41:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                          jtwagers7@... writes:

                          > I went under the care of a periodontist in November and had my
                          > periodontal disease (which was termed "silent" peridontal disease)
                          > treated. I have since begun feeling 100% better, and although I want
                          > to try the Hep C treatment again (Pegasys / Copegus combo), I'm
                          > still undecided if I want to go through it again.
                          >
                          > Anyhow.... I look forward to being a part of this group! Good luck
                          > and hugs to everyone.

                          Dear Julie,
                          I'm getting ready to consider restarting myself. My original treatment was
                          in the late 90's moderately, but not completely successful. Sides were most
                          "unfun". Glad your gums are better. Take VitaminC. that might prevent future
                          probs.