Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Thank You All

  • GWhel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2004
      Hi Donna,

      I failed Interferon twice, and then combo with Ribavirin. I'm 1a and am
      hopeful about some of the therapies that attack the virus rather than stimulate the
      immune system. I suppose that will be 2007 or 2008. In the meantime, I'm
      eating well, resting well, keeping the stress at a minimum, and am abstaining
      completely from alcohol.

      I'll bet the treatment has helped you some. I wouldn't be afraid of trying it
      again.

      Yes, our salon is doing well. Just finished our 15th year in the same spot.
      Are you doing manicures?

      Good to hear from you.

      Gene

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
        Hi Donna,
        I also am very sorry to hear of your relapse. I wanted to say
        that I agree with what Gail has said. I think if you retreat it
        should be either with a different interferon or a stronger treatment.
        However, if your fibrosis is advanced then any treatment may be of
        benefit to help stop or slow progression. Have you had a biopsy, or
        are you planning a biopsy, any time soon? Even though you relapsed
        it's possible that the treatment helped your liver anyway.
        Good luck! I know you have really tough decisions to make.

        Claudine