Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] A warning about dental work

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2003
      Hi Mary

      My goodness, do you mean you had 3 root canals and crowns done at the same time? It takes awhile to do one, nevermind 3. How long were you in the chair getting this done? I can't believe a decent dentist would do all that work in one shot....it's too much. I'm not on tx, but the pills I take make my mouth very dry which leads to tooth problems....I just broke a tooth over Christmas, not bad enuff to be a root canal but I need some fillings done. Oooops I just noticed you said 2 hours of drilling, that's a lot...too much to suit me. I hope your hearing comes back soon. Keep us posted and good luck.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2003
        I didn't have to have root canals for all 3, but all 3 teeth had to be
        drilled to a stub. It took about 3 hours in the chair, with drilling going
        on for about half of that. The dentist is very good, and not many could have
        done so much so quickly. He wanted to do them at once because of the
        interferon, and not have me coming back over and over again, which increases
        risk of infection.
        Sorry to hear that you broke a tooth over Christmas; I have done that too.
        Why don't teeth ever break at a more convenient time, like just before you
        have to go out for a bad meal?