Merry Christmas:12 ways to keep you smiling

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2003
      Everyone have a great Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.
      And here are just 12 ways to keep you smiling in the days ahead.

      1. Hold on to your dreams, and
      never let them go

      2. Show the rest of the world what I already
      know: how wonderful you are

      3. Give circumstances a chance, and
      give others the benefit of the
      doubt

      4. Wish on a star that shines in your sky

      5. Take on your problems one by one
      and work things out

      6. Rely on all the strength you have inside

      7. Let loose of the sparkle and spirit that
      you sometimes try to hide

      8.Stay in touch with those who touch your life
      with love

      9. Look on the bright side
      and dont let adversity keep you
      from winning

      10. Be yourself, because
      you are filled with special qualities
      that have brought you this far and
      that will always see you through

      11.Keep your spirits up

      12. Make your heart happy, and let it reflect on
      everything you do!

      With best wishes,
      Dr Sharat Misra

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2003
        Hi Doc....how true this is....happy Holidays to you and yours.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 26, 2003
          I wish I had thought to ask the group before I went ahead and did what I
          did.

          I have been on Pegetron for nearly 3 months, and my teeth picked this time
          to fall apart. I needed 3 crowns in a row on my upper left side. My dentist
          convinced me that it was just as easy to have all 3 done at once, and I
          thought it best to limit my time in the chair as well. Two days after having
          3 molars drilled down to nothing, I had a roaring and exquisitely painful
          ear infection on that side, and have lost the hearing on the right side.

          I can't be sure I wouldn't have an ear infection anyway, but I think 2 hours
          of drilling is very hard on the delicate little structures of the inner ear
          and was too much combined with the immune comprimising effects of
          Interferon.

          After 2 weeks of antibiotics, my hearing still hasn't returned so now
          another round of doctors visits etc.

          I would STRONGLY urge anyone who is considering heavy dental work to put it
          off if you can, and if you can't, consider taking prophylactic antibiotics.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 26, 2003
            Hi Mary

            My goodness, do you mean you had 3 root canals and crowns done at the same time? It takes awhile to do one, nevermind 3. How long were you in the chair getting this done? I can't believe a decent dentist would do all that work in one shot....it's too much. I'm not on tx, but the pills I take make my mouth very dry which leads to tooth problems....I just broke a tooth over Christmas, not bad enuff to be a root canal but I need some fillings done. Oooops I just noticed you said 2 hours of drilling, that's a lot...too much to suit me. I hope your hearing comes back soon. Keep us posted and good luck.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 29, 2003
              I didn't have to have root canals for all 3, but all 3 teeth had to be
              drilled to a stub. It took about 3 hours in the chair, with drilling going
              on for about half of that. The dentist is very good, and not many could have
              done so much so quickly. He wanted to do them at once because of the
              interferon, and not have me coming back over and over again, which increases
              risk of infection.
              Sorry to hear that you broke a tooth over Christmas; I have done that too.
              Why don't teeth ever break at a more convenient time, like just before you
              have to go out for a bad meal?