Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Insomnia

    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 8, 2003
      --- EnViolet@... wrote:
      > I am expereincing insomnia too, real bad. My doctor does not seem
      > to want to
      > prescribe anything for it and says to take Benadryl. I take two
      > 25mg of Benadryl but that isnt working anymore.

      Tell him that 25mg of Benadryl is not working any more, and that this
      is a MAJOR problem in your life and you NEED your sleep! If he won't
      help, and none of the other things I suggested help, try seeing your
      primary care doctor for something to sleep.

      Good luck,

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 8, 2003
        There is a small amount of Valerian in 'Sleepytime' tea, but any more
        than that MIGHT not be too good since it can sometimes cause
        elevations in liver enzymes. I don't think the small amount in
        Sleepytime would hurt. Combining it with Port is probably NOT a good
        idea, especially not while on treatment. Benedryl is VERY commonly
        prescribed for insomnia while on treatment. I haven't heard of any
        problems with it liver-wise, although it can affect different people
        differently.

        --- "w.m.landstra" <lands142@...> wrote:
        > HI.Very much sounds my Doctor.Hew told me that it.s addictive and
        > bad for your liver.I don.t agree because the insomnia is bad for
        > everything.Try valerian in combibation with a glass of luke-warm
        > port,a mild shower and have a low temperature in your bedroom
        but....

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      • w.m.landstra
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
          HI.OK claudine you.re the expert but I know how bad insomnia is and personally I don.t think a glass of port hurts, the valerian I don.t know I asked my healthfood supplier and she said it was save to take,in moderation mind you.While I was on treatment and the two trials I was allowed to drink two glasses of wine a day but they advised against drinking tea or coffee.It.s a matter of choosing between two things,insomnia or a little help from your friends,valerie and portella.Willem.

          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
            HI.Sorry to hear about your dog,you must be a good person because you care about animals.You.ll get rewards for this in a unexpected way.I had dogs and sometimes it.s a temporarily thing,unless the dog is old.Try a veterinarian and tell him you have no money,you have a great change that they help the dog anyway or make a deal to pay later(I owe you thing) when your circumstances have improved,afterall we.re all people and need to help each other.Sounds stupid but I hve taken dogs and cats from people who had no money,homeless etc,and took them to the vet. and they got treated anyway,even operations.Luck will come your way.Willem.
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
              Hi.I have only been in the dallas and houston area and there everyting was flat.I was looking for texans with rednecks but I did.nt see any,where are they?Or do they round them up and use them in spagetti-westerns,where we europeans get the wrong picture of Texas.Same like you think that all dutch wear woodenshoes and smoke clay pipes.alley know better.Willem.
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
                Hey I got my wooden shoes! :) And my cowboy hat and 2 pair of cowboy boots.

                Have a good weekend :)

                Alley
                Grand Prairie, Tx

                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
                  No, I'm no expert! Just opinionated, lol! I don't think the Valerian
                  is bad in small amounts either, but there is just a tendency to think
                  if a little is ok a lot is better. As for the port, and wine - my
                  doctor had told me an occasional glass of wine was ok too, and all my
                  docs say it's ok for me to have an occasional glass of wine right
                  now, as long as that is all it is. I have no liver damage, and I'm
                  not on treatment. But there is some evidence in studies that alcohol
                  while on treatment can reduce your chance of a response. Nothing
                  proved, but who knows? Actually, while alcohol can make you feel
                  drowsy and fall asleep it can interfere with the deep restful sleep
                  which you need to feel rested.
                  Claudine

                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
                    ROFLMAO.....you are something else Willem....spagetti westerns LOL. And I know how it is in Holland, Francina sends me pics....we have the same weather too.

                    Hugggggs

                  • EnViolet@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 27, 2003
                      Hi Willem, thanks for the encouraging words, I was able to borrow money from
                      a friend that I can pay back over the next year so now its just a wait and
                      see, it can take a while for them to recover and walk again if they are going
                      too. He was overweight so we have to be strong and keep him on a diet. He is such
                      a cute begger that we broke down too many times and fed him when we should
                      not have.