Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Insomnia

  • EnViolet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 8, 2003
      Thanks Willem for the advice.
      I just lost my job and my dogs hind legs stopped working this week. It seems
      like everything happens at once sometimes. I have to get him to a neurologist
      which will be very expensive but I have no choice, dogs are like children to
      me and I have to know I am doing everything I can even if I end up living under
      a bridge in the process hahaha. But I do feel lucky to be a responder so far
      so I am trying to only focus on that good news at this time and look at the
      other stuff as life and its ups and downs.

      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 8, 2003
        --- Alley <alleypat@...> wrote:
        > Willem said <<Texas it must be a feast,flat,no crowded roads and
        > sunshine.>>
        >
        > haaaaaaaaaaaaaa Mostly flat yes.
        >
        > Sunshine yes (except today, it's finally raining and we are finally
        > getting some autumn weather, it's been late this year)
        >
        > No crowded roads? Well, maybe not out in the boonies but round
        > these parts it's bumper to bumper.

        I think Willem has been watching too many Western's! We have LOTS of
        hills down here, and in west Texas, and the roads are pretty much
        crowded everywhere - except like you said, out in the boonies.

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 8, 2003
          --- EnViolet@... wrote:
          > I am expereincing insomnia too, real bad. My doctor does not seem
          > to want to
          > prescribe anything for it and says to take Benadryl. I take two
          > 25mg of Benadryl but that isnt working anymore.

          Tell him that 25mg of Benadryl is not working any more, and that this
          is a MAJOR problem in your life and you NEED your sleep! If he won't
          help, and none of the other things I suggested help, try seeing your
          primary care doctor for something to sleep.

          Good luck,

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 8, 2003
            There is a small amount of Valerian in 'Sleepytime' tea, but any more
            than that MIGHT not be too good since it can sometimes cause
            elevations in liver enzymes. I don't think the small amount in
            Sleepytime would hurt. Combining it with Port is probably NOT a good
            idea, especially not while on treatment. Benedryl is VERY commonly
            prescribed for insomnia while on treatment. I haven't heard of any
            problems with it liver-wise, although it can affect different people
            differently.

            --- "w.m.landstra" <lands142@...> wrote:
            > HI.Very much sounds my Doctor.Hew told me that it.s addictive and
            > bad for your liver.I don.t agree because the insomnia is bad for
            > everything.Try valerian in combibation with a glass of luke-warm
            > port,a mild shower and have a low temperature in your bedroom
            but....

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
          • w.m.landstra
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
              HI.OK claudine you.re the expert but I know how bad insomnia is and personally I don.t think a glass of port hurts, the valerian I don.t know I asked my healthfood supplier and she said it was save to take,in moderation mind you.While I was on treatment and the two trials I was allowed to drink two glasses of wine a day but they advised against drinking tea or coffee.It.s a matter of choosing between two things,insomnia or a little help from your friends,valerie and portella.Willem.

                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
                  Hi.I have only been in the dallas and houston area and there everyting was flat.I was looking for texans with rednecks but I did.nt see any,where are they?Or do they round them up and use them in spagetti-westerns,where we europeans get the wrong picture of Texas.Same like you think that all dutch wear woodenshoes and smoke clay pipes.alley know better.Willem.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
                    Hey I got my wooden shoes! :) And my cowboy hat and 2 pair of cowboy boots.

                    Have a good weekend :)

                    Alley
                    Grand Prairie, Tx

                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
                      No, I'm no expert! Just opinionated, lol! I don't think the Valerian
                      is bad in small amounts either, but there is just a tendency to think
                      if a little is ok a lot is better. As for the port, and wine - my
                      doctor had told me an occasional glass of wine was ok too, and all my
                      docs say it's ok for me to have an occasional glass of wine right
                      now, as long as that is all it is. I have no liver damage, and I'm
                      not on treatment. But there is some evidence in studies that alcohol
                      while on treatment can reduce your chance of a response. Nothing
                      proved, but who knows? Actually, while alcohol can make you feel
                      drowsy and fall asleep it can interfere with the deep restful sleep
                      which you need to feel rested.
                      Claudine

                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 9, 2003
                        ROFLMAO.....you are something else Willem....spagetti westerns LOL. And I know how it is in Holland, Francina sends me pics....we have the same weather too.

                        Hugggggs

                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 27, 2003
                          Hi Willem, thanks for the encouraging words, I was able to borrow money from
                          a friend that I can pay back over the next year so now its just a wait and
                          see, it can take a while for them to recover and walk again if they are going
                          too. He was overweight so we have to be strong and keep him on a diet. He is such
                          a cute begger that we broke down too many times and fed him when we should
                          not have.