Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Wendy Marx dies awaiting her 3rd transplant at 36 yrs...

  • EnViolet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2003
      This is the first time I have seen anything about doctors implying the virus
      can be transmitted by dental work.

      > a message dated 11/2/03 2:24:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      > alleypat@... writes:
      >

      > > Doctors theorized she may have first contracted the highly infectious
      > virus
      > > that attacks the liver while having her wisdom teeth removed.
      > >

      > What a gratuitous piece of bullshit. "Theorized" - my ass. They did not
      > have to put that in the press release or whatever it was. Simply announcing
      > her
      > passing and her good works was enough. She was way too young and suffered a
      >
      > lot, it seems - three transplants. I'm sorry for her and family.

    • Alley
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2003
        Well you do know that hep b has been proven to not always be killed by autoclave?

      • EnViolet@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2003
          In a message dated 11/6/03 4:08:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          alleypat@... writes:
          It doesnt surprise me. So many people can't figure out how they got the
          virus, so there has to be other methods of transmission then those already
          identified.

        • Jane2370@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2003
            In a message dated 11/3/03 1:05:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            alleypat@... writes:

            > They prolly put that in there so others won't think she got it as a secret
            > drug addict. You know, all us heppers are druggies

            Well, HepB is sex transmitted, no? I guess her people didn't want the
            general public thinking that she was sexually active. Heh.
            Yes, the autoclave and the whole dentistry industry has been ignored as a
            route of transmission. That's sucks.