OFFTOPIC: West Nile Virus Assay Confirmed to Have Detected More Than 800

  • Alley
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      This isn't about hep, but it is about the US blood supply and I'm glad they are testing it for West Nile. We don't need any other viruses.

      ... West Nile Virus Assay has identified 861 blood donations confirmed to be infected with the West Nile virus since the investigational-use-only assay was implemented at the beginning of the 2003 mosquito season. Since July 1, 2003, more than 80 percent of the blood donations in the United States have been screened for WNV ...

      http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031103/sfm017_1.html