Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Wendy Marx dies awaiting her 3rd transplant at 36 yrs...

  • Alley
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
      They prolly put that in there so others won't think she got it as a secret drug addict. You know, all us heppers are druggies NOT

    • EnViolet@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2003
        This is the first time I have seen anything about doctors implying the virus
        can be transmitted by dental work.

        > a message dated 11/2/03 2:24:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        > alleypat@... writes:
        >

        > > Doctors theorized she may have first contracted the highly infectious
        > virus
        > > that attacks the liver while having her wisdom teeth removed.
        > >

        > What a gratuitous piece of bullshit. "Theorized" - my ass. They did not
        > have to put that in the press release or whatever it was. Simply announcing
        > her
        > passing and her good works was enough. She was way too young and suffered a
        >
        > lot, it seems - three transplants. I'm sorry for her and family.

      • Alley
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2003
          Well you do know that hep b has been proven to not always be killed by autoclave?

        • EnViolet@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2003
            In a message dated 11/6/03 4:08:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            alleypat@... writes:
            It doesnt surprise me. So many people can't figure out how they got the
            virus, so there has to be other methods of transmission then those already
            identified.

          • Jane2370@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2003
              In a message dated 11/3/03 1:05:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
              alleypat@... writes:

              > They prolly put that in there so others won't think she got it as a secret
              > drug addict. You know, all us heppers are druggies

              Well, HepB is sex transmitted, no? I guess her people didn't want the
              general public thinking that she was sexually active. Heh.
              Yes, the autoclave and the whole dentistry industry has been ignored as a
              route of transmission. That's sucks.