Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Wendy Marx dies awaiting her 3rd transplant at 36 yrs...

  • Jane2370@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
      In a message dated 11/2/03 2:24:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      alleypat@... writes:

      > Doctors theorized she may have first contracted the highly infectious virus
      > that attacks the liver while having her wisdom teeth removed.

      What a gratuitous piece of bullshit. "Theorized" - my ass. They did not
      have to put that in the press release or whatever it was. Simply announcing her
      passing and her good works was enough. She was way too young and suffered a
      lot, it seems - three transplants. I'm sorry for her and family.

    • Alley
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
        They prolly put that in there so others won't think she got it as a secret drug addict. You know, all us heppers are druggies NOT

      • EnViolet@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2003
          This is the first time I have seen anything about doctors implying the virus
          can be transmitted by dental work.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2003
            Well you do know that hep b has been proven to not always be killed by autoclave?

          • EnViolet@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2003
              In a message dated 11/6/03 4:08:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
              alleypat@... writes:
              It doesnt surprise me. So many people can't figure out how they got the
              virus, so there has to be other methods of transmission then those already
              identified.

            • Jane2370@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 9, 2003
                In a message dated 11/3/03 1:05:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                alleypat@... writes:

                > They prolly put that in there so others won't think she got it as a secret
                > drug addict. You know, all us heppers are druggies

                Well, HepB is sex transmitted, no? I guess her people didn't want the
                general public thinking that she was sexually active. Heh.
                Yes, the autoclave and the whole dentistry industry has been ignored as a
                route of transmission. That's sucks.