Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] UVB/Oxidative therapy

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2003
      How is he offering this therapy NOW (and charging for it) if it has
      not been approved? If a new drug application has been submitted to
      the FDA, I would not pay for this unless the FDA approves it,
      indicating that it has some potential value. As for IV hydrogen
      peroxide, all I have heard from people who have actually tried it is
      that it didn't work for them.

      --- Pamela Venus <goddesspv@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have information or experience with UVB (where the
      > blood is
      > exposed to UV light) and/or oxidative therapy (intravenous hydrogen
      > peroxide) for treatment of HCV? I read the article that Energex is
      > applying
      > for FDA approval for UVB treatment for HCV and realized that there
      > is a
      > practitioner locally that offers this treatment. It is rather
      > expensive so
      > want to gather as much information as possible in determining
      > whether it is
      > worth consideration. Thanks,.
      >

      > Love & blessings,
      >
      > Pamela Venus
      >

      > Love is all there is
      >
      > Peace is all there is
      >
      > Joy is all there is
      >
      > Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Pamela Venus
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2003
        Dear Claudine,

        The UVB treatment has been around for a while as an alternative treatment.
        After I read the Energex article, I remembered that a friend of mine had
        taken the UVB treatment (for another purpose) several years ago. I know
        that FDA approval can take a long time, (7 years?) and so if this treatment
        shows promise/has helped others, it would be worth the money for Philip to
        try it. But, like with everything, we want to gather as much information as
        possible before jumping into it.

        Love & blessings,

        Pamela Venus

        Love is all there is

        Peace is all there is

        Joy is all there is

        Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2003
          FDA approval can easily take 7 years from first applying to the FDA
          to STUDY (and test) a potential new drug or treatment on humans, but
          I thought you meant that the study had already been completed, and
          the company had submitted all the information and an application for
          a new drug/treatment. Once the final application is sent in the FDA
          has one year to review and either approve or disapprove the
          application, although it can take longer if the information submitted
          was not complete and the FDA asks for more information. I would
          definitely do some research first. Lots of money gets thrown away on
          alternatives that simply don't work - or help at all in many cases.
          It is so easy to grasp on to something to try in the hopes it will
          work, and unfortunately there are lots of people with who will take
          advantage of people with HCV who are desperate for a cure. I hate to
          see people get ripped off.

          Claudine

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2003
            Thanks for the clarification on the FDA approval time line. The article I
            read (I believe it was on this site) did state that several studies have
            already been done and they were applying to FDA to do clinical trials. One
            year or so for FDA approval (if they approve it) is much more manageable
            than what I thought it would be. In the meantime, I'm going to gather as
            much information as I can before we give it serious consideration. Your
            feedback is so helpful (as always!). Thanks,

            Love & blessings,

            Pamela Venus

            Love is all there is

            Peace is all there is

            Joy is all there is

            Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om

            Message: 2

            Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:51:20 -0700 (PDT)

            From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>

            Subject: Re: Re: UVB/Oxidative therapy

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 18, 2003
              If they were applying to the FDA to do clinical trials then it will
              still be a very long time, IF it makes it through the clinical trials
              (most investigational drugs/treatments don't.) It is only after all
              the clinical trials are completed and all the data is compiled that
              they can submit it to the FDA asking for approval of a new drug.