UVB/Oxidative therapy

  • Pamela Venus
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2003
      Does anyone have information or experience with UVB (where the blood is
      exposed to UV light) and/or oxidative therapy (intravenous hydrogen
      peroxide) for treatment of HCV? I read the article that Energex is applying
      for FDA approval for UVB treatment for HCV and realized that there is a
      practitioner locally that offers this treatment. It is rather expensive so
      want to gather as much information as possible in determining whether it is
      worth consideration. Thanks,.

      Love & blessings,

      Pamela Venus

      Love is all there is

      Peace is all there is

      Joy is all there is

      Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 14, 2003
        How is he offering this therapy NOW (and charging for it) if it has
        not been approved? If a new drug application has been submitted to
        the FDA, I would not pay for this unless the FDA approves it,
        indicating that it has some potential value. As for IV hydrogen
        peroxide, all I have heard from people who have actually tried it is
        that it didn't work for them.

        --- Pamela Venus <goddesspv@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone have information or experience with UVB (where the
        > blood is
        > exposed to UV light) and/or oxidative therapy (intravenous hydrogen
        > peroxide) for treatment of HCV? I read the article that Energex is
        > applying
        > for FDA approval for UVB treatment for HCV and realized that there
        > is a
        > practitioner locally that offers this treatment. It is rather
        > expensive so
        > want to gather as much information as possible in determining
        > whether it is
        > worth consideration. Thanks,.
        >

        > Love & blessings,
        >
        > Pamela Venus
        >

        > Love is all there is
        >
        > Peace is all there is
        >
        > Joy is all there is
        >
        > Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Pamela Venus
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2003
          Dear Claudine,

          The UVB treatment has been around for a while as an alternative treatment.
          After I read the Energex article, I remembered that a friend of mine had
          taken the UVB treatment (for another purpose) several years ago. I know
          that FDA approval can take a long time, (7 years?) and so if this treatment
          shows promise/has helped others, it would be worth the money for Philip to
          try it. But, like with everything, we want to gather as much information as
          possible before jumping into it.

          Love & blessings,

          Pamela Venus

          Love is all there is

          Peace is all there is

          Joy is all there is

          Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 16, 2003
            FDA approval can easily take 7 years from first applying to the FDA
            to STUDY (and test) a potential new drug or treatment on humans, but
            I thought you meant that the study had already been completed, and
            the company had submitted all the information and an application for
            a new drug/treatment. Once the final application is sent in the FDA
            has one year to review and either approve or disapprove the
            application, although it can take longer if the information submitted
            was not complete and the FDA asks for more information. I would
            definitely do some research first. Lots of money gets thrown away on
            alternatives that simply don't work - or help at all in many cases.
            It is so easy to grasp on to something to try in the hopes it will
            work, and unfortunately there are lots of people with who will take
            advantage of people with HCV who are desperate for a cure. I hate to
            see people get ripped off.

            Claudine

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2003
              Thanks for the clarification on the FDA approval time line. The article I
              read (I believe it was on this site) did state that several studies have
              already been done and they were applying to FDA to do clinical trials. One
              year or so for FDA approval (if they approve it) is much more manageable
              than what I thought it would be. In the meantime, I'm going to gather as
              much information as I can before we give it serious consideration. Your
              feedback is so helpful (as always!). Thanks,

              Love & blessings,

              Pamela Venus

              Love is all there is

              Peace is all there is

              Joy is all there is

              Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om

              Message: 2

              Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:51:20 -0700 (PDT)

              From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>

              Subject: Re: Re: UVB/Oxidative therapy

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 18, 2003
                If they were applying to the FDA to do clinical trials then it will
                still be a very long time, IF it makes it through the clinical trials
                (most investigational drugs/treatments don't.) It is only after all
                the clinical trials are completed and all the data is compiled that
                they can submit it to the FDA asking for approval of a new drug.