Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: Just Some Input

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
      Hi Karolyn,
      I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
      source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
      possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
      a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
      colostrum!
      Claudine

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • karolynt47
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
        Hi Carol - Here's the link http://216.117.148.88/mcart/index.cgi
        To be honest with you I can't really remember the reason for the
        megadose of C; however, it was recommended by a friend in another
        group who is very knowledgeable and is actually on IV doses of C for
        her many health problems. I was taking 1000 mg. before I upped it.

        The SuperBlend does have spirulina in it. I was not aware of any
        problems with it. I don't worry too much about iron since I have no
        iron deposits in my liver. If you have any questions about any of the
        ingredients, we call Jay our herb guru. He has been in the business
        for quite some time and knows some reputable people in the field of
        HCV treatment, including Misha Cohen. I trust Jay and his formulas
        explicitly.

        Love & Blessings, Karolyn

        Service.

      • karolynt47
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
          Hi Claudine - I have found information indicating that Coral is no
          better or worse than the best absorbed calcium. However, the only
          reason I take Liverfriend's Green Coral Calcium is because it not
          only has the calcium but also a plethora of great ingredients. It is
          in powder form with no added ingredients. Here are the ingredients:

          "Part GCC1 - Green Coral Calcium 100 grams (3.5 ounces)
          Green Coral Calcium pH balancing trace mineral blend Supplement Facts
          Serving size 1 rounded teaspoon 3783 mg Servings per container 26
          Amount per rounded teaspoon Coral Calcium Trace Minerals Okinawa
          above sea…1114 mg Phosphatidylcholine PC-30 GMO-free lecithin
          …...1114 mg Alfalfa Juice Powder 10:1…………………………........743 mg MSM
          Methylsulfonyl Methane……………………….....743 mg Magnesium Oxide
          USP24………………………….......557 mg Aloe Vera Gel PE 40:1
          …………………………….......371 mg Chlorella Powder, Yaeyama……………………….......371
          mg Lemon Grass PE 4:1 ……………………………..........371 mg Barley Sprout
          Concentrate Powder 10:1……….........186 mg Beet Leaf PE
          4:1…………………………………….......186 mg Beet Root 0.5% Betanin …………………………...
          …..186 mg Green Tea 98% polyphenols Caffeine-Free……...….186 mg Wheat
          Sprout Concentrate Powder 10:1 ……….......186 mg Spirulina Powder,
          Hawaiian Organic ……………...….84 mg Chestnut Rose Fruit PE Rosa
          roxburghii...…….........84 mg Fruit & Berry Blend Berry High®
          ………………….......56 mg Stevia PE 90%………………………………………..…..56 mg Ginger
          Root PE 20% pungent ginerols & shogoals...28 mg Grape Seed PE 5:1 PE
          97% OPC50 ………………...14 mg Grape Skin PE 10:1 70% polyphenols………….
          …....14 mg Natural Flavor…………..………………………..…........14 mg Lycopene 1%
          Tomato PE……….…………………...…..3 mg
          Cellulase…………………………………………….......4000CU D-3 Cholecalciferol ……...
          …………………………….....400IU SUGGESTED USAGE: One slightly rounded teaspoon
          per day mixed with liquid between meals for pH balancing, energy
          enhancing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support or 2-3 teaspoons
          daily for advanced support.* GUARANTEE: Contains no animal products,
          sugar, lactose, wheat, gluten, sulphur, chlorine, artificial colors,
          flavors, flowing agents, additives or preservatives. Only the most
          well researched, purest and concentrated antioxidant, immune-
          modulating, energy-enhancing, hepato-protective, adaptogenic, and
          anti-inflammatory botanicals, algae, food and mushroom extracts are
          used for Liverfriend products.* INGREDIENTS: All ingredients have
          been tested for safety, purity and verified for accuracy of the
          stated active ingredient or specification. Manufactured in an FDA
          certified facility for: Jay Emmons, Venice, CA 90291
          www.LiverFriend.com Lot # GCC603, Product code LFGCC1 Expires 06/05
          Price: $30.00 Sale Price: $17.00"

          Love & Blssings, Karolyn

          --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, claudine intexas
          <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Karolyn,
          > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
          > source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
          > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
          > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
          > colostrum!

          Claudine

          > --- Carol <csean@s...> wrote:
          > > Hi Karolyn
          > >
          > > Is there any specific reason for the megadose of Vit.C?? And I'm
          > > glad you're not taking spirulina anymore, it's full of iron. I've
          > > never heard of Liverfriend's Superblend, I'd be interested in
          > > getting some of that....do you have a link to it? Thanks for the
          > > info.
          > >
          > > Carol

          Hepatitis

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
            Thanks Karolyn....I'll read up on this.

            To be honest with you I can't really remember the reason for the
            megadose of C; however, it was recommended by a friend in another
            group who is very knowledgeable and is actually on IV doses of C for
            her many health problems. I was taking 1000 mg. before I upped it.

            The SuperBlend does have spirulina in it. I was not aware of any
            problems with it. I don't worry too much about iron since I have no
            iron deposits in my liver. If you have any questions about any of the
            ingredients, we call Jay our herb guru. He has been in the business
            for quite some time and knows some reputable people in the field of
            HCV treatment, including Misha Cohen. I trust Jay and his formulas
            explicitly.

            Love & Blessings, Karolyn

            --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, Carol <csean@s...> wrote:
            > Hi Karolyn
            >
            > Is there any specific reason for the megadose of Vit.C?? And I'm
            glad you're not taking spirulina anymore, it's full of iron. I've
            never heard of Liverfriend's Superblend, I'd be interested in getting
            some of that....do you have a link to it? Thanks for the info.

            > Carol

            Service.

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 14, 2003
              So the coral calcium brand you are taking has all these other items
              added to it? I'm not sure if I understand right since you say "with
              no added ingredients". (Or is this the liver blend item you are
              taking?) Anyway, this contains a lot of items which are very high in
              iron: Alfalfa, Spirulina, beet - not sure about the chlorella, but I
              think it's a high iron product too. How much calcium is in a serving?

              I wish more information was provided about products such as these.
              I'm not picking on this brand, it's common with almost all
              ALTERNATIVE type supplements. They list the ingredients, but that
              doesn't really tell you what you are actually getting nutrient-wise
              from the item, without looking up every item (if it can even be
              found) in a good reference on the nutrient content of foods.

              I still think the colostrum is a better investment!

              http://shopping.yahoo.com
            • karolynt47
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 21, 2003
                Hi Claudine - Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your post. My
                life is a constant whirlwind! :>)

                The information I posted was copied from the liverfriend site. The
                calcium content is listed as 1114 mg. By no added ingredients, I
                meant nothing artificial or not beneficial.

                I have initiated a question of Jay regarding this; however, I trust
                him explicitly. He would certainly not forumulate anything that he
                would not consume himself, and he is also a hepper. He has been in
                the nutrition/herb business for many years and has even been to
                China. He also is acquainted and consults with well-known "experts"
                in the field.

                Love & Blessings, Karolyn
                <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                > > been tested for safety, purity and verified for accuracy of the
                > > stated active ingredient or specification. Manufactured in an FDA
                > > certified facility for: Jay Emmons, Venice, CA 90291
                > > www.LiverFriend.com Lot # GCC603, Product code LFGCC1 Expires
                06/05

                > > Price: $30.00 Sale Price: $17.00"
                > >
                > > Love & Blssings, Karolyn
                > >
                > > --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, claudine intexas
                > > <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
                > > > Hi Karolyn,
                > > > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a
                poor
                > > > source of calcium, especially considering there are several
                > > better,
                > > > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is
                > > basically
                > > > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the

              • Gail Samples
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 25, 2003
                  on 10/10/03 12:29 AM, claudine intexas at claudineintexas@... wrote:

                  > Hi Karolyn,
                  > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
                  > source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
                  > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
                  > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
                  > colostrum!
                  > Claudine

                  Not to mention that the coral reefs grow very slowly and are under enough
                  stress without us deciding to eat them too!

                  gail
                • w.m.landstra
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 26, 2003
                    HI.Thanks gail for defending the coral.Too many people are taking supplements taken from the sea and which are in danger of extinction.Willem

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 26, 2003
                      Here is an excerpt from Liverfriend's coral calcium
                      label: "Ecologically harvested from above sea level Okinawa coral
                      calcium beds. Coral calcium is the deposit left after years of the
                      coral feeding primarily on algae; distilling this nutrient rich food
                      source into an abundance of trace minerals." - Jay is very
                      ecologically-minded.