Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: Just Some Input

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
      Hi Karolyn

      Is there any specific reason for the megadose of Vit.C?? And I'm glad you're not taking spirulina anymore, it's full of iron. I've never heard of Liverfriend's Superblend, I'd be interested in getting some of that....do you have a link to it? Thanks for the info.

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
        Hi Karolyn,
        I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
        source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
        possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
        a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
        colostrum!
        Claudine

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • karolynt47
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
          Hi Carol - Here's the link http://216.117.148.88/mcart/index.cgi
          To be honest with you I can't really remember the reason for the
          megadose of C; however, it was recommended by a friend in another
          group who is very knowledgeable and is actually on IV doses of C for
          her many health problems. I was taking 1000 mg. before I upped it.

          The SuperBlend does have spirulina in it. I was not aware of any
          problems with it. I don't worry too much about iron since I have no
          iron deposits in my liver. If you have any questions about any of the
          ingredients, we call Jay our herb guru. He has been in the business
          for quite some time and knows some reputable people in the field of
          HCV treatment, including Misha Cohen. I trust Jay and his formulas
          explicitly.

          Love & Blessings, Karolyn

          Service.

        • karolynt47
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
            Hi Claudine - I have found information indicating that Coral is no
            better or worse than the best absorbed calcium. However, the only
            reason I take Liverfriend's Green Coral Calcium is because it not
            only has the calcium but also a plethora of great ingredients. It is
            in powder form with no added ingredients. Here are the ingredients:

            "Part GCC1 - Green Coral Calcium 100 grams (3.5 ounces)
            Green Coral Calcium pH balancing trace mineral blend Supplement Facts
            Serving size 1 rounded teaspoon 3783 mg Servings per container 26
            Amount per rounded teaspoon Coral Calcium Trace Minerals Okinawa
            above sea…1114 mg Phosphatidylcholine PC-30 GMO-free lecithin
            …...1114 mg Alfalfa Juice Powder 10:1…………………………........743 mg MSM
            Methylsulfonyl Methane……………………….....743 mg Magnesium Oxide
            USP24………………………….......557 mg Aloe Vera Gel PE 40:1
            …………………………….......371 mg Chlorella Powder, Yaeyama……………………….......371
            mg Lemon Grass PE 4:1 ……………………………..........371 mg Barley Sprout
            Concentrate Powder 10:1……….........186 mg Beet Leaf PE
            4:1…………………………………….......186 mg Beet Root 0.5% Betanin …………………………...
            …..186 mg Green Tea 98% polyphenols Caffeine-Free……...….186 mg Wheat
            Sprout Concentrate Powder 10:1 ……….......186 mg Spirulina Powder,
            Hawaiian Organic ……………...….84 mg Chestnut Rose Fruit PE Rosa
            roxburghii...…….........84 mg Fruit & Berry Blend Berry High®
            ………………….......56 mg Stevia PE 90%………………………………………..…..56 mg Ginger
            Root PE 20% pungent ginerols & shogoals...28 mg Grape Seed PE 5:1 PE
            97% OPC50 ………………...14 mg Grape Skin PE 10:1 70% polyphenols………….
            …....14 mg Natural Flavor…………..………………………..…........14 mg Lycopene 1%
            Tomato PE……….…………………...…..3 mg
            Cellulase…………………………………………….......4000CU D-3 Cholecalciferol ……...
            …………………………….....400IU SUGGESTED USAGE: One slightly rounded teaspoon
            per day mixed with liquid between meals for pH balancing, energy
            enhancing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support or 2-3 teaspoons
            daily for advanced support.* GUARANTEE: Contains no animal products,
            sugar, lactose, wheat, gluten, sulphur, chlorine, artificial colors,
            flavors, flowing agents, additives or preservatives. Only the most
            well researched, purest and concentrated antioxidant, immune-
            modulating, energy-enhancing, hepato-protective, adaptogenic, and
            anti-inflammatory botanicals, algae, food and mushroom extracts are
            used for Liverfriend products.* INGREDIENTS: All ingredients have
            been tested for safety, purity and verified for accuracy of the
            stated active ingredient or specification. Manufactured in an FDA
            certified facility for: Jay Emmons, Venice, CA 90291
            www.LiverFriend.com Lot # GCC603, Product code LFGCC1 Expires 06/05
            Price: $30.00 Sale Price: $17.00"

            Love & Blssings, Karolyn

            --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, claudine intexas
            <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Karolyn,
            > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
            > source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
            > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
            > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
            > colostrum!

            Claudine

            > --- Carol <csean@s...> wrote:
            > > Hi Karolyn
            > >
            > > Is there any specific reason for the megadose of Vit.C?? And I'm
            > > glad you're not taking spirulina anymore, it's full of iron. I've
            > > never heard of Liverfriend's Superblend, I'd be interested in
            > > getting some of that....do you have a link to it? Thanks for the
            > > info.
            > >
            > > Carol

            Hepatitis

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
              Thanks Karolyn....I'll read up on this.

              To be honest with you I can't really remember the reason for the
              megadose of C; however, it was recommended by a friend in another
              group who is very knowledgeable and is actually on IV doses of C for
              her many health problems. I was taking 1000 mg. before I upped it.

              The SuperBlend does have spirulina in it. I was not aware of any
              problems with it. I don't worry too much about iron since I have no
              iron deposits in my liver. If you have any questions about any of the
              ingredients, we call Jay our herb guru. He has been in the business
              for quite some time and knows some reputable people in the field of
              HCV treatment, including Misha Cohen. I trust Jay and his formulas
              explicitly.

              Love & Blessings, Karolyn

              --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, Carol <csean@s...> wrote:
              > Hi Karolyn
              >
              > Is there any specific reason for the megadose of Vit.C?? And I'm
              glad you're not taking spirulina anymore, it's full of iron. I've
              never heard of Liverfriend's Superblend, I'd be interested in getting
              some of that....do you have a link to it? Thanks for the info.

              > Carol

              Service.

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 14, 2003
                So the coral calcium brand you are taking has all these other items
                added to it? I'm not sure if I understand right since you say "with
                no added ingredients". (Or is this the liver blend item you are
                taking?) Anyway, this contains a lot of items which are very high in
                iron: Alfalfa, Spirulina, beet - not sure about the chlorella, but I
                think it's a high iron product too. How much calcium is in a serving?

                I wish more information was provided about products such as these.
                I'm not picking on this brand, it's common with almost all
                ALTERNATIVE type supplements. They list the ingredients, but that
                doesn't really tell you what you are actually getting nutrient-wise
                from the item, without looking up every item (if it can even be
                found) in a good reference on the nutrient content of foods.

                I still think the colostrum is a better investment!

                http://shopping.yahoo.com
              • karolynt47
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 21, 2003
                  Hi Claudine - Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your post. My
                  life is a constant whirlwind! :>)

                  The information I posted was copied from the liverfriend site. The
                  calcium content is listed as 1114 mg. By no added ingredients, I
                  meant nothing artificial or not beneficial.

                  I have initiated a question of Jay regarding this; however, I trust
                  him explicitly. He would certainly not forumulate anything that he
                  would not consume himself, and he is also a hepper. He has been in
                  the nutrition/herb business for many years and has even been to
                  China. He also is acquainted and consults with well-known "experts"
                  in the field.

                  Love & Blessings, Karolyn
                  <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                  > > been tested for safety, purity and verified for accuracy of the
                  > > stated active ingredient or specification. Manufactured in an FDA
                  > > certified facility for: Jay Emmons, Venice, CA 90291
                  > > www.LiverFriend.com Lot # GCC603, Product code LFGCC1 Expires
                  06/05

                  > > Price: $30.00 Sale Price: $17.00"
                  > >
                  > > Love & Blssings, Karolyn
                  > >
                  > > --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, claudine intexas
                  > > <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
                  > > > Hi Karolyn,
                  > > > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a
                  poor
                  > > > source of calcium, especially considering there are several
                  > > better,
                  > > > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is
                  > > basically
                  > > > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the

                • Gail Samples
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 25, 2003
                    on 10/10/03 12:29 AM, claudine intexas at claudineintexas@... wrote:

                    > Hi Karolyn,
                    > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
                    > source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
                    > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
                    > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
                    > colostrum!
                    > Claudine

                    Not to mention that the coral reefs grow very slowly and are under enough
                    stress without us deciding to eat them too!

                    gail
                  • w.m.landstra
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 26, 2003
                      HI.Thanks gail for defending the coral.Too many people are taking supplements taken from the sea and which are in danger of extinction.Willem

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 26, 2003
                        Here is an excerpt from Liverfriend's coral calcium
                        label: "Ecologically harvested from above sea level Okinawa coral
                        calcium beds. Coral calcium is the deposit left after years of the
                        coral feeding primarily on algae; distilling this nutrient rich food
                        source into an abundance of trace minerals." - Jay is very
                        ecologically-minded.