Re: Just Some Input

  • karolynt47
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
      Hi Greg - Basically, my diet is just eating more fruits and veggies
      than I ever have and not eating any additives/preservatives. I used
      to eat a lot of microwave meals and diet coke. All I drink, other
      than tea, juice and soymilk, is water. I do drink a lot of tea,
      especially green, white, rooibos and honeybush, which are all
      terrific antioxidants. I have gotten into virgin coconut oil over the
      past few months and love it. When I was first diagnosed, my
      chiropractor strongly recommended colostrum, so that and milk thistle
      were my main supps along with a good, no iron, multi; B100 C500;
      natural E400. Then I added Licorice, Cat's Claw, Microhydrin,
      Spirulina, Aloemanan, EyeQ (DHA); flax oil, flax seed. then I changed
      to Microhydrin Plus with added antioxidants including NAC and
      seleniium. Most recently, within the past 5 months, I have pared down
      to Liverfriend's SuperBlend, which is a wonderful blend created by
      Jay Emmons, fellow hepper who has a heppers' buyer's club at
      liverfriend.com. The SuperBlend has so much in it that using a alot
      of the other stuff is redundant. I have recently added his OK
      mushrooms and green coral calcium. If I could afford it, I would
      still be taking Symbiotics Colostrum (It is the best!). I have also
      started megadosing on C - now taking about 6,000 mg a day. I've
      probably left something out, but basically, that's what I've done.
      One of the reasons I'm so much in debt is because I've always gotten
      the best. Lately, though, I've had to buy cheaper fish oil, C and
      cat's claw. For many things it's cheaper online; however, The Vitamin
      Shoppe has pretty good prices too.

      I do have to say that my diet could certainly do with improvement. I
      am prone to indulging myself (especially with chocolate). I got the
      Metabolic Typing Diet, but haven't really gotten into it. Guess I'm
      just not ready.

      Reently, to decrease stress I have gotten into the Holosync
      meditation system which is recommended by Dr. Mercola. I believe that
      stress is a major factor in disease success.

      Hope this helps! That's what we're here for!

      Love & Blessings, Karolyn

      --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, Greg L Newman
      <greglnewman@y...> wrote:
      > Karolyn,
      >
      > Please send me the diet you like, prefer, for building your immune
      system. It sounds very exciting to me that you are having progress
      from your diet and I'd like to see what I can learn.

      > If it's too many to list for you, maybe the top 10 supplements and
      when taken.

      > Do you buy online much? I found that buying online was the best way
      to go for some things I've tried to locate. I get my amino acids for
      half price now. That's twenty bucks a bottle. Big bottle. Including
      the shipping.

      > Greg
      >
      > PS: Thanks for your encouragement to everyone
      >

      > Open a PayPal Account today for online purchases &/or for
      Credit/Debit Cards

      > Get a $5 Bonus just for signing up & opening an account with a
      funds transfer! Fast & Easy! Pay for auction purchases or buy at
      1000s of online stores. Click here:

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
        Hi Karolyn

        Is there any specific reason for the megadose of Vit.C?? And I'm glad you're not taking spirulina anymore, it's full of iron. I've never heard of Liverfriend's Superblend, I'd be interested in getting some of that....do you have a link to it? Thanks for the info.

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
          Hi Karolyn,
          I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
          source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
          possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
          a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
          colostrum!
          Claudine

          http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • karolynt47
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
            Hi Carol - Here's the link http://216.117.148.88/mcart/index.cgi
            To be honest with you I can't really remember the reason for the
            megadose of C; however, it was recommended by a friend in another
            group who is very knowledgeable and is actually on IV doses of C for
            her many health problems. I was taking 1000 mg. before I upped it.

            The SuperBlend does have spirulina in it. I was not aware of any
            problems with it. I don't worry too much about iron since I have no
            iron deposits in my liver. If you have any questions about any of the
            ingredients, we call Jay our herb guru. He has been in the business
            for quite some time and knows some reputable people in the field of
            HCV treatment, including Misha Cohen. I trust Jay and his formulas
            explicitly.

            Love & Blessings, Karolyn

            Service.

          • karolynt47
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
              Hi Claudine - I have found information indicating that Coral is no
              better or worse than the best absorbed calcium. However, the only
              reason I take Liverfriend's Green Coral Calcium is because it not
              only has the calcium but also a plethora of great ingredients. It is
              in powder form with no added ingredients. Here are the ingredients:

              "Part GCC1 - Green Coral Calcium 100 grams (3.5 ounces)
              Green Coral Calcium pH balancing trace mineral blend Supplement Facts
              Serving size 1 rounded teaspoon 3783 mg Servings per container 26
              Amount per rounded teaspoon Coral Calcium Trace Minerals Okinawa
              above sea…1114 mg Phosphatidylcholine PC-30 GMO-free lecithin
              …...1114 mg Alfalfa Juice Powder 10:1…………………………........743 mg MSM
              Methylsulfonyl Methane……………………….....743 mg Magnesium Oxide
              USP24………………………….......557 mg Aloe Vera Gel PE 40:1
              …………………………….......371 mg Chlorella Powder, Yaeyama……………………….......371
              mg Lemon Grass PE 4:1 ……………………………..........371 mg Barley Sprout
              Concentrate Powder 10:1……….........186 mg Beet Leaf PE
              4:1…………………………………….......186 mg Beet Root 0.5% Betanin …………………………...
              …..186 mg Green Tea 98% polyphenols Caffeine-Free……...….186 mg Wheat
              Sprout Concentrate Powder 10:1 ……….......186 mg Spirulina Powder,
              Hawaiian Organic ……………...….84 mg Chestnut Rose Fruit PE Rosa
              roxburghii...…….........84 mg Fruit & Berry Blend Berry High®
              ………………….......56 mg Stevia PE 90%………………………………………..…..56 mg Ginger
              Root PE 20% pungent ginerols & shogoals...28 mg Grape Seed PE 5:1 PE
              97% OPC50 ………………...14 mg Grape Skin PE 10:1 70% polyphenols………….
              …....14 mg Natural Flavor…………..………………………..…........14 mg Lycopene 1%
              Tomato PE……….…………………...…..3 mg
              Cellulase…………………………………………….......4000CU D-3 Cholecalciferol ……...
              …………………………….....400IU SUGGESTED USAGE: One slightly rounded teaspoon
              per day mixed with liquid between meals for pH balancing, energy
              enhancing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support or 2-3 teaspoons
              daily for advanced support.* GUARANTEE: Contains no animal products,
              sugar, lactose, wheat, gluten, sulphur, chlorine, artificial colors,
              flavors, flowing agents, additives or preservatives. Only the most
              well researched, purest and concentrated antioxidant, immune-
              modulating, energy-enhancing, hepato-protective, adaptogenic, and
              anti-inflammatory botanicals, algae, food and mushroom extracts are
              used for Liverfriend products.* INGREDIENTS: All ingredients have
              been tested for safety, purity and verified for accuracy of the
              stated active ingredient or specification. Manufactured in an FDA
              certified facility for: Jay Emmons, Venice, CA 90291
              www.LiverFriend.com Lot # GCC603, Product code LFGCC1 Expires 06/05
              Price: $30.00 Sale Price: $17.00"

              Love & Blssings, Karolyn

              --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, claudine intexas
              <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
              > Hi Karolyn,
              > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
              > source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
              > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
              > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
              > colostrum!

              Claudine

              > --- Carol <csean@s...> wrote:
              > > Hi Karolyn
              > >
              > > Is there any specific reason for the megadose of Vit.C?? And I'm
              > > glad you're not taking spirulina anymore, it's full of iron. I've
              > > never heard of Liverfriend's Superblend, I'd be interested in
              > > getting some of that....do you have a link to it? Thanks for the
              > > info.
              > >
              > > Carol

              Hepatitis

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 11, 2003
                Thanks Karolyn....I'll read up on this.

                To be honest with you I can't really remember the reason for the
                megadose of C; however, it was recommended by a friend in another
                group who is very knowledgeable and is actually on IV doses of C for
                her many health problems. I was taking 1000 mg. before I upped it.

                The SuperBlend does have spirulina in it. I was not aware of any
                problems with it. I don't worry too much about iron since I have no
                iron deposits in my liver. If you have any questions about any of the
                ingredients, we call Jay our herb guru. He has been in the business
                for quite some time and knows some reputable people in the field of
                HCV treatment, including Misha Cohen. I trust Jay and his formulas
                explicitly.

                Love & Blessings, Karolyn

                --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, Carol <csean@s...> wrote:
                > Hi Karolyn
                >
                > Is there any specific reason for the megadose of Vit.C?? And I'm
                glad you're not taking spirulina anymore, it's full of iron. I've
                never heard of Liverfriend's Superblend, I'd be interested in getting
                some of that....do you have a link to it? Thanks for the info.

                > Carol

                Service.

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 14, 2003
                  So the coral calcium brand you are taking has all these other items
                  added to it? I'm not sure if I understand right since you say "with
                  no added ingredients". (Or is this the liver blend item you are
                  taking?) Anyway, this contains a lot of items which are very high in
                  iron: Alfalfa, Spirulina, beet - not sure about the chlorella, but I
                  think it's a high iron product too. How much calcium is in a serving?

                  I wish more information was provided about products such as these.
                  I'm not picking on this brand, it's common with almost all
                  ALTERNATIVE type supplements. They list the ingredients, but that
                  doesn't really tell you what you are actually getting nutrient-wise
                  from the item, without looking up every item (if it can even be
                  found) in a good reference on the nutrient content of foods.

                  I still think the colostrum is a better investment!

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com
                • karolynt47
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 21, 2003
                    Hi Claudine - Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your post. My
                    life is a constant whirlwind! :>)

                    The information I posted was copied from the liverfriend site. The
                    calcium content is listed as 1114 mg. By no added ingredients, I
                    meant nothing artificial or not beneficial.

                    I have initiated a question of Jay regarding this; however, I trust
                    him explicitly. He would certainly not forumulate anything that he
                    would not consume himself, and he is also a hepper. He has been in
                    the nutrition/herb business for many years and has even been to
                    China. He also is acquainted and consults with well-known "experts"
                    in the field.

                    Love & Blessings, Karolyn
                    <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                    > > been tested for safety, purity and verified for accuracy of the
                    > > stated active ingredient or specification. Manufactured in an FDA
                    > > certified facility for: Jay Emmons, Venice, CA 90291
                    > > www.LiverFriend.com Lot # GCC603, Product code LFGCC1 Expires
                    06/05

                    > > Price: $30.00 Sale Price: $17.00"
                    > >
                    > > Love & Blssings, Karolyn
                    > >
                    > > --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, claudine intexas
                    > > <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
                    > > > Hi Karolyn,
                    > > > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a
                    poor
                    > > > source of calcium, especially considering there are several
                    > > better,
                    > > > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is
                    > > basically
                    > > > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the

                  • Gail Samples
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 25, 2003
                      on 10/10/03 12:29 AM, claudine intexas at claudineintexas@... wrote:

                      > Hi Karolyn,
                      > I was wondering about the coral calcium. It is really a poor
                      > source of calcium, especially considering there are several better,
                      > possibly safer, and MUCH cheaper sources. Coral calcium is basically
                      > a rip off. You would be better off spending the money on the
                      > colostrum!
                      > Claudine

                      Not to mention that the coral reefs grow very slowly and are under enough
                      stress without us deciding to eat them too!

                      gail
                    • w.m.landstra
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 26, 2003
                        HI.Thanks gail for defending the coral.Too many people are taking supplements taken from the sea and which are in danger of extinction.Willem

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 26, 2003
                          Here is an excerpt from Liverfriend's coral calcium
                          label: "Ecologically harvested from above sea level Okinawa coral
                          calcium beds. Coral calcium is the deposit left after years of the
                          coral feeding primarily on algae; distilling this nutrient rich food
                          source into an abundance of trace minerals." - Jay is very
                          ecologically-minded.