Re: Some good news!

  • micky
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
      Thank you for the good wishes!
      I am on Pegasys and Ribavirin as a "staple treatment".
      Together with that I also take anti oxidants, vitamins, minerals and
      do acupuncture twice a week.

      it hasn't been that bad, actually. Other than the wbc being down (the
      docotr put me on Granulokine once a week and that is more terrible
      than Pegasys, believe me!!), only this month I started loosing some
      hair, being moody and I have a lot of muscle aches, which I am trying
      to get rid of by doing some stretching exercises - let's see!

      So far, so good.... hope it continues like this forever!
      Micky

      --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
        WTG Micky!!!!!!

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 13, 2003
          For some reason I've been unindated with spam the last week and am just now going through my inbox and this was sitting there unanswered.

          Watch the antioxidents you are taking for the amount of vitamin A in them...then check your multi vitamin and see how much A is in there. With us heppers, we should never take more than 12000ius of A each day....A can cause liver damage.

          Gotta love that accupuncture, don't you. It makes all the difference with your sides (and more besides).

          You can always try adding folic acid to your regime...it helps create red blood cells.

          wrote:
          > Micky....what absolutely wonderful news. I am so happy for you.
          >
          > A quick question...which treatment did you use????/
          >
          > Tatezi

        • micky
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 14, 2003
            Well, I take all my supplements one by one, I do not believe in
            formulas for people who have a disease like ours.
            My morning boost is: vitamin E 400 with tocopherols, vitamin C with
            bioflavonoids 500, B-100, Selenomax 200, Folic acid (twice daily
            800mcg), Zinc 50,CoQ10 pure 30, Cal+Mag+D 1000, Maitake and Reishi
            mushrooms.
            Together with 2 ribavirin (twice daily).

            This way I know how much I'm taking of what. So far it seems to be
            working, my energy level is good and with the acupuncture, I think
            I'll manage till the end of tx.
            God knows what the rest of my body will be like, but my liver will
            sure be great!
            As I told my doctor, at the end of tx, people will say: "we burried
            her with a perfect liver, so the tx works!" LOL
            Only joking, but I do have my worries about what this poison might
            leave in my body...
            Micky

            --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>
          • Suzy Balone
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
              Way to GO Micky that is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Hope it continues to be negative
              Suzy

              Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
              FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com