Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Some good news!

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
      Micky....what absolutely wonderful news. I am so happy for you.

      A quick question...which treatment did you use????/

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
        Thank you for the good wishes!
        I am on Pegasys and Ribavirin as a "staple treatment".
        Together with that I also take anti oxidants, vitamins, minerals and
        do acupuncture twice a week.

        it hasn't been that bad, actually. Other than the wbc being down (the
        docotr put me on Granulokine once a week and that is more terrible
        than Pegasys, believe me!!), only this month I started loosing some
        hair, being moody and I have a lot of muscle aches, which I am trying
        to get rid of by doing some stretching exercises - let's see!

        So far, so good.... hope it continues like this forever!
        Micky

        --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
          WTG Micky!!!!!!

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 13, 2003
            For some reason I've been unindated with spam the last week and am just now going through my inbox and this was sitting there unanswered.

            Watch the antioxidents you are taking for the amount of vitamin A in them...then check your multi vitamin and see how much A is in there. With us heppers, we should never take more than 12000ius of A each day....A can cause liver damage.

            Gotta love that accupuncture, don't you. It makes all the difference with your sides (and more besides).

            You can always try adding folic acid to your regime...it helps create red blood cells.

            wrote:
            > Micky....what absolutely wonderful news. I am so happy for you.
            >
            > A quick question...which treatment did you use????/
            >
            > Tatezi

          • micky
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 14, 2003
              Well, I take all my supplements one by one, I do not believe in
              formulas for people who have a disease like ours.
              My morning boost is: vitamin E 400 with tocopherols, vitamin C with
              bioflavonoids 500, B-100, Selenomax 200, Folic acid (twice daily
              800mcg), Zinc 50,CoQ10 pure 30, Cal+Mag+D 1000, Maitake and Reishi
              mushrooms.
              Together with 2 ribavirin (twice daily).

              This way I know how much I'm taking of what. So far it seems to be
              working, my energy level is good and with the acupuncture, I think
              I'll manage till the end of tx.
              God knows what the rest of my body will be like, but my liver will
              sure be great!
              As I told my doctor, at the end of tx, people will say: "we burried
              her with a perfect liver, so the tx works!" LOL
              Only joking, but I do have my worries about what this poison might
              leave in my body...
              Micky

              --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>
            • Suzy Balone
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
                Way to GO Micky that is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Hope it continues to be negative
                Suzy

                Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
                FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com