Some good news!

  • micky
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
      Hi all,

      I just received my qualitative PCR of week 27 and I am NEGATIVE!!!
      Being geno 1b this is really good news for me!
      The qualitative can see down to 50 UI so that means, according to the
      doctor who signed the exam that I am either virus free or the amount
      still exixiting is so small that could not be detected.

      Another 21 weeks to go... but feeling stronger to continue!
      have a lovely weekend
      Micky
    • Gail Samples
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
        I am glad to hear it-I hope it stays negative.

        gail

        I just received my qualitative PCR of week 27 and I am NEGATIVE!!!
        Being geno 1b this is really good news for me!
        The qualitative can see down to 50 UI so that means, according to the
        doctor who signed the exam that I am either virus free or the amount
        still exixiting is so small that could not be detected.

        Another 21 weeks to go... but feeling stronger to continue!
        have a lovely weekend
        Micky

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050616
        98:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
        camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=861935016>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
          Micky....what absolutely wonderful news. I am so happy for you.

          A quick question...which treatment did you use????/

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
            Thank you for the good wishes!
            I am on Pegasys and Ribavirin as a "staple treatment".
            Together with that I also take anti oxidants, vitamins, minerals and
            do acupuncture twice a week.

            it hasn't been that bad, actually. Other than the wbc being down (the
            docotr put me on Granulokine once a week and that is more terrible
            than Pegasys, believe me!!), only this month I started loosing some
            hair, being moody and I have a lot of muscle aches, which I am trying
            to get rid of by doing some stretching exercises - let's see!

            So far, so good.... hope it continues like this forever!
            Micky

            --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
              WTG Micky!!!!!!

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 13, 2003
                For some reason I've been unindated with spam the last week and am just now going through my inbox and this was sitting there unanswered.

                Watch the antioxidents you are taking for the amount of vitamin A in them...then check your multi vitamin and see how much A is in there. With us heppers, we should never take more than 12000ius of A each day....A can cause liver damage.

                Gotta love that accupuncture, don't you. It makes all the difference with your sides (and more besides).

                You can always try adding folic acid to your regime...it helps create red blood cells.

                wrote:
                > Micky....what absolutely wonderful news. I am so happy for you.
                >
                > A quick question...which treatment did you use????/
                >
                > Tatezi

              • micky
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 14, 2003
                  Well, I take all my supplements one by one, I do not believe in
                  formulas for people who have a disease like ours.
                  My morning boost is: vitamin E 400 with tocopherols, vitamin C with
                  bioflavonoids 500, B-100, Selenomax 200, Folic acid (twice daily
                  800mcg), Zinc 50,CoQ10 pure 30, Cal+Mag+D 1000, Maitake and Reishi
                  mushrooms.
                  Together with 2 ribavirin (twice daily).

                  This way I know how much I'm taking of what. So far it seems to be
                  working, my energy level is good and with the acupuncture, I think
                  I'll manage till the end of tx.
                  God knows what the rest of my body will be like, but my liver will
                  sure be great!
                  As I told my doctor, at the end of tx, people will say: "we burried
                  her with a perfect liver, so the tx works!" LOL
                  Only joking, but I do have my worries about what this poison might
                  leave in my body...
                  Micky

                  --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>
                • Suzy Balone
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
                    Way to GO Micky that is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Hope it continues to be negative
                    Suzy

                    Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
                    FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com