Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] tatezi

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2003
      "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" -
      Anatole France

      I "borrowed" this from PeachStatePam.....some of you might know her from other forums.

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2003
        It's wonderful...thank you for sending it to me

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 17, 2003
          Hi.By reading that I give up email again I feel like hopping on a plane to Chicago and straighten you out.You don.t need a shrink,don.t die with dignity but LIVE with dignity.Willem.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 6, 2004
            I don't regret doing treatment the second time around...it was much easier with pegasys than with the rebetron. But the biggest difference is that I responded to the pegasys and didn't respond to rebetron. Now if I can sustain that response...

            We'll be here to help you along....

            Tatezi

            Hi Tatezi....we're all praying for a SVR for you.....I know you've cleared that, I just feel it.
            Huggggs

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 6, 2004
              Thanks, Carol. It's been a long battle and I hope very much that I can sustain my response. But if not, then I wouldn't hesitate to do treatment again...Willem will always be my inspiration. He did three rounds of treatment and is a sustained responder after the last round.

              Pumping poisen into your body on a regular basis has to cause ill effects and I've not seen any long term studies on the results of treatment. Willem still can't sleep (maybe it's that studmuffin that he's in love with <g>), but I've not found any effects that have been unbearable.

              I think I'm going to ask the doctor at county to do a biopsy at my 6 month appointment...haven't had one since '98 and it will be interesting to see if it's changed.

              Tatezi

              Hi Tatezi....we're all praying for a SVR for you.....I know you've cleared that, I just feel it.
              Huggggs

            • land

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 7, 2004
                  Willem...

                  Thanks for the inspiration...it's good to hear positive things about post treatment. We all need to know that there is life after treatment! Too much negativity is not healthy...and sure doesn't lead to healing either physically or emotionally.

                  Liefs

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 7, 2004
                    In a message dated 7/6/2004 5:39:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, csean@...
                    writes:
                    I don't regret doing treatment the second time around...it was much easier
                    with pegasys than with the rebetron. But the biggest difference is that I
                    responded to the pegasys and didn't respond to rebetron. Now if I can sustain that
                    response...
                    I remember your stories about round 1. They sounded very much like mine.
                    enough to make you wish you'd never done treatment. You and others have said
                    the same about the peglyiated Interferon. I'm game. Carol, we'll scream at
                    each other.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 7, 2004
                      In a message dated 7/7/2004 3:20:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      lands142@... writes:
                      In my case anyway)I.am not so clever as some on the group who know soomuch
                      about drugs,supplements etc.and I rarely comment on it.I just give the group
                      the stupid unscientific things of how I feel ,a joke once in a while and try to
                      give the impression that we should not make live to complicated,love and
                      support each
                      Dear Willem,
                      GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, how would you like to come over
                      here. We could sure use you. In fact the town we live in could keep you busy
                      for years. Congrats!!!!!!! again!!!! Anne

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 7, 2004
                        Anne,

                        Even what I call the "riba rage" (but it isn't really rage...it's just my little catchy phrase for the crankiness...please don't anyone misunderstand the expression) was minimal on Pegasys...as soon as I realized it had started we increased my antidepressant and within a month, poof, it was gone.

                        I had awful problems with the crankiness (what I call Riba Rage) during the year I spent on rebetron. But the doctor I had back then didn't make the connection between the crankiness and the effect of treatment on the neurotransmitters.

                        My biggest problem (other than platelets and RBC) was that my tongue felt like sandpaper had been used on it for a couple months (and it went away) and my taste buds were trashed ... everything tasted awful to me.

                        You will be pleasantly surprised at the difference in the two treatments...the doctors at county explained it to me this way...with the rebetron your body was up and down all the time because the interferon only lasted 24 hours and you did a shot every other day...but the Pegs last longer so your body settles in because you don't have the ups and downs.