vitamins etc.

  • w.m.landstra
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi.Quite a few people on this group are taking supplements.My question is that by taking all those vitamins,herbs etc.are you not making the body lazy.i.o.w. if your system can get it from a bottle why should it go into the trouble of making it herself?.Is.nt a healthy diet could enough?.Willem.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never eaten properly (according to the food pyramid). I've been taking supplements for over 30 years and have only gotten the occasional cold...and very occasional. I think were one to eat properly for all nutrients and vitamins, they would be cooking and eating all day and night.

        I don't think it makes your body "lazy" considering your body doesn't create these nutrients....they have to be fed to the body either via food or via pills.

        Hi.Quite a few people on this group are taking supplements.My question is that by taking all those vitamins,herbs etc.are you not making the body lazy.i.o.w. if your system can get it from a bottle why should it go into the trouble of making it herself?.Is.nt a healthy diet could enough?.Willem.

      • Gail Samples
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
          I don't think so, although, it has been theorized that by taking the
          'non-essentials' (this means the body makes its own supply), it can make the
          body stop making whichever supplement you are taking.

          gail

          Hi.Quite a few people on this group are taking supplements.My question is
          that by taking all those vitamins,herbs etc.are you not making the body
          lazy.i.o.w. if your system can get it from a bottle why should it go into
          the trouble of making it herself?.Is.nt a healthy diet could enough?.Willem.

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050616
          98:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=124j83ehr/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogy
          o?YH=3707890&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupmai
          l/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=569539353>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • Greg L Newman
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2003
            Willem, It depends on the quality of vitamins, minerals, aminos, hgh, C, etc and what amount your body needs so it can benefit from them. Too much of many things is not good, whether supplements or not, imo. But supplements are a way to cut to the chase and make the body work less to get it's nutrition. Sort of like the Total commercial where you have to eat 10 bowls of their competitor's brand to get the same amount of vitamins & minerals in 1 bowl of total. So this is similar in that I can take vitamin e through a regular diet say rich in wheat germ, you have to eat a lot of wheatgerm to get that much E.

            So does that mean the body turns lazy? No, I don't think so. It does two things: 1. It conserves energy by including a higher percentage of easily digestible supplements than regular food and so with less work to get the nutrients out of the source, the body spends less energy, so can perform better with less drag on the system. 2. It also means the body, spending less energy on digestion, has more time & energy for body maintenance & repairs. That makes a big difference over a lifetime.

            Of course, you need to always be careful about supplements and be sure of your research but it's about efficiency of health, these supplements.

            Greg

            Open a PayPal Account today for online purchases &/or for Credit/Debit Cards

            Get a $5 Bonus just for signing up & opening an account with a funds transfer! Fast & Easy! Pay for auction purchases or buy at 1000s of online stores. Click here:
            https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=WJXYDUMUSEY8W