Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Week 5

  • Mscue40@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 27, 2003
      Hi Tat,I am glad to hear you are doing your treatment.I understand your
      tiredness,I had terrible fatigue on treatment.I was counseled not to climb stairs
      or lifting.That really zaps your strength.Also to eat protein often even just
      peanut butter on crackers will help.Eating often ,drinking mega fluids really
      did help me. I know you are a strong person and will get through this.Hang in
      and take good care of your needs.
      Your fellow hepper friend Donna

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 28, 2003
        Hi Donna....

        I think other than exercise I'm doing what I can. Every day I eat soy nut butter sandwiches and drink a minimum of 3 quarts water and iced decaf green tea. Unfortunately I'm stuck with stairs. I live on the second floor and I commute to work on the elevated train so plenty of stairs there.

        I'll get through this...it just surprises me that it's the ribavarinn that causes these sides and that's the same as the last time I did treatment and I didn't experience this then.

        Oh well, I just keep walking around visualizing little pac men running around in my blood going chomp chomp chomp on the virus. <g>

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 28, 2003
          Tatezi, this is probably a stupid question as you know a lot more than me about tx, but are you taking the pills with a rich food? I think that was my big mistake and was helping bring on the speedy sides.

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 29, 2003
            Rich food....don't know what you mean about rich foods? I primary eat soy nut butter sandwiches on a multi grain bread and brown rice with steamed veges or steamed white poutry meat. I hate cooking and using a steamer is about my limit when it comes to cooking.

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 29, 2003
              Tatezi, try some cheese while taking the pills....that was the suggestion I saw on another forum.....and I hate cooking too :-(