RE: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Feedback request from group & Dr.

  • Gail Samples
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2003
      Lecithin is also a good choice for your husband. I take it in granule form,
      1 level teaspoon 3 times daily. Caution on Lecithin from Reader's Digest's
      Guide to Drugs and Supplements- 'high doses may cause sweating, nausea,
      vomiting, bloating, and diarrhea.'-I can vouch for that part! 'Because
      indivudual lecithin, choline, or phosphatidylcholine supplements can
      increase levels of acetylcholine, they should not be used by people who are
      suffering from bipolar disorder. High levels of acetylcholine can worsen
      the "depressive" stage of the condition.'
      Alpha-lipoic acid is another good one-more expensive though. Caution for
      Alpha-lipoic acid- 'for people with diabetes, the use of alpha-lipoic acid
      may require a change in insulin or other medications.'

      gail