Pegasys Assistance Program

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2003
      Here is the link to the Pegasys Assistance Program which states:

      Patient Assistance Foundation: The Roche Patient Assistance Foundation provides PEGASYS therapy free of charge for patients who meet eligibility criteria. For eligible patients, therapy will be shipped to the healthcare provider's office

      http://www.pegasys.com/resources/pegassist.asp

      I tried to call to enroll in their support program to get their free "getting started" kit and any other info they might send, but their hours are 8am - 6 pm EDT. The number is 877-734-2797.

      They are also recruiting patients who didn't respond to PegIntron or who responded and relapsed to do clinical trials to prove that Pegasys is more effective than PegIntron. I do not remember where I read that or what Schools of Medicine/Hospitals will be doing the trials.

      Also, Schering is going to be starting clinical trials with Protease Inhibitors in November/December. I know they will have a program at Rush Hospital and U of Chicago Hospital (both in Chicago) because I have a friend who was going to be in the trials at Rush but his doctor left Rush to head up the Hepatology Department at UofC so he will now be doing his clinical trial there.

      Cher, I hope this info helps you. We gotta keep fighting and 5 hour drive or not, it's worth it if you can get into their (either PegIntron or Pegasys) assistance programs.

      Each one of my trips to County have been horrible. I've waited up to 10 hours sometimes to see a doctor. It took three trips to the general clinic with all my medical records before they finally said, "Oh, btw, did you know you have Hep C." But I kept plugging along and finally made it to the GI clinic to the screening doctor and then 3 months later saw the Hepatologist who immediately wrote out my script for Pegasys...a script that is filled for free (well, the tax payers pay I suppose) at the hospital.

      So don't give up. If you have to drive 5 hours, do it. Do whatever it takes until someone listens to you. And being a 2, regardless or because of your chirohis (geesh, I think that's spelled wrong...I just have a terrible time spelling it) you should be a shoe in for treatment.

      Okay guys, my computer is acting up again so if you don't hear from me you'll know why. I came home tonight to the blue screen of death with no boot sector AGAIN but fortunately the last time I'd installed a dual boot system with Win98 and Win2000 so I was able to get online this time. But seems I'm going to keep going down until I can afford a new motherboard.

      Blessings