Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Sure is quiet...

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 30, 2003
      Here I am again gang.....but with some good news. I live in Canada and was always bitching that the peg wasn't approved for funding yet. I phoned my GI's office today to get the ball rolling on the old tx and the receptionist told me that the pegintron has just been funded. YIPEE. About time. Since I have cirrhosis and am a geno1b I feel much more positive doing tx, knowing I'll have a better chance of clearing. That made my day, I am so relieved. Doc should be glad to hear this too since he offered for me to come to him for treatment.

      Hugggs to all (see how good I feel) lol
      Carol from Canada
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hi Carol.That.s great news and I.am also off the hook,so to speak, since I suggested to come here and I would get you the Peg.Our Doc. really is a wonderfull person.In one year.s time you join the club of responders.Willem.
        Here I am again gang.....but with some good news. I live in Canada and was always bitching that the peg wasn't approved for funding yet. I phoned my GI's office today to get the ball rolling on the old tx and the receptionist told me that the pegintron has just been funded. YIPEE. About time. Since I have cirrhosis and am a geno1b I feel much more positive doing tx, knowing I'll have a better chance of clearing. That made my day, I am so relieved. Doc should be glad to hear this too since he offered for me to come to him for treatment.

        Hugggs to all (see how good I feel) lol
        Carol from Canada
        Tats, I think you would do good at writing a book....I had to laff at the scotch tape and paper towel thing. Are the owners Scottish? I have some Scottish in me and am told I am thrifty, not cheap, but thrifty....but even I don't go that far LOL.

        Alley, a diet is something I've been trying to do....and really not succeeding. Give us some tips after you make your start....I need to lose a lot of weight too. Not being active shows in the belly area with me. Talk about top heavy....ickkie. I think a lot of us can relate to the weight issues. Good luck with it.

        > woo hoo Tat! I know that's a big relief!!!
        >
        > Since finishing the high dose interferon for cancer, my fibromyalgia has
        returned big time. I'm now on several vicoprofen a day for it.

        > I talked to my shrink last monday about how frustrated I was about not
        being able to do anything unless I took pain pills and we worked on a plan
        to help get rid of things we had control over, like my weight. I joined
        Overeaters Anonymous and looking for a nutritionist in my area. I don't
        know if that will help, losing weight, because I had the fibro even 10 years
        ago, but any thing I can do to possibly improve how I feel will be a plus.
        I told her I was so frustrated because I didn't think I could hold down a
        job feeling like this.

        > I have been writing a lot. Working on my novel and working on some short
        stories. In July and in August I will attend writers workshops that I'm
        looking forward to.

        > Hope you all are better than yesterday!
        >
        > Way to go Tat :)
        >
        > Alley

      • Gail Samples
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 1, 2003
          When do you start? Will this be your second time or third? Either way-may
          it be your last, and successful go-round.

          gail

          > woo hoo Tat! I know that's a big relief!!!
          >
          > Since finishing the high dose interferon for cancer, my fibromyalgia
          has
          returned big time. I'm now on several vicoprofen a day for it.

          > I talked to my shrink last monday about how frustrated I was about not
          being able to do anything unless I took pain pills and we worked on a
          plan
          to help get rid of things we had control over, like my weight. I joined
          Overeaters Anonymous and looking for a nutritionist in my area. I
          don't
          know if that will help, losing weight, because I had the fibro even 10
          years
          ago, but any thing I can do to possibly improve how I feel will be a
          plus.
          I told her I was so frustrated because I didn't think I could hold down
          job feeling like this.

          > I have been writing a lot. Working on my novel and working on some
          short
          stories. In July and in August I will attend writers workshops that I'm
          looking forward to.

          > Hope you all are better than yesterday!
          >
          > Way to go Tat :)
          >
          > Alley

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050616
          98:HM/A=1564416/R=0/SIG=11ti81skc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164
          797&partid=3170658>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmai
          l/S=:HM/A=1564416/rand=160684439>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • Greg L Newman
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 1, 2003
            Well, it's another nutty day in Texas. Heat wave has the nuts out in force.

            So I'm at Home Depot and the black man at the counter is taken care of and I roll forward in my wheelchair. Then a car pulls up outside the entrance, motor running, lady waiting in driver's seat, a guy comes in from that car and steps in front of me, puts down a bill and hands her $10. I'm wondering what is going on and the clerk processes everything for the guy and he never says a word. (So I did and plenty. Heck, I followed him outside and poked him a bunch. He was too ignorant to know that's an assault in Texas. He sure didn't like though. Poke poke poke poke. I'm tired of being a victim. I told ya'll I was starting to be more aggressive and fighting back. Then I cuss him out real good as he gets in the car and warn him if he ever sees me anywhere else, he better never ever cut in front of me again. Wrote down his license so I can track him and who they are, and then went back inside.

            15 minutes later, some poor old soul (my late uncle's typical response) about 50 or 55, bald headed, stringy hair, raggy clothes, thin thin thin shoulders, wide wide wide buttocks, about 5' 1" maybe 5' 2" walks past me with his 20 something son and says while passing me andlooking in my direction, probably a queer. Oh man, ...
            Guess who I stalked through Home Depot? I swear to you all here and now, this month I buy a zapper. I promise not to zap anybody until prob later this fall as I have too many important things to do to sit in jail for zapping some mean people :). I'll just threaten them to show respect. I KNEW I should have worn my black leather biker jacket into the store. I just KNEW it. But NO. I was TOO smart. Greg, it's hot out here. Leave the biker jacket in the car, carry your wallet under your seat in the chair. Ok. I do. And then what. People start with the bs treating me like a 2nd class citizen. I had enuf. Period. I'm 49. They can go to hell. I'm going to start zapping and fighting back. I need to let people see what I have to offer (venom). "What was that? zap zap Hmm?" Like I said, the biker jacket really makes people leave me the heck alone. But I go out, I am here before that playing country and blues and acoustic rock all morning just having a blast, I go out on that note to check on
            some housewares, and I'm singing in the aisles almost I am so content. I'm cool. I'm not in anybody's way. I'm not making weird noises. I'm not squinting or leering or going through convulsions. I'm not looking at a soul. I'm looking and handling some bi-fold doors for the kitchen entrance. And that's when the dad called me a queer. (I know it was a dad, possibly an uncle, from the family resemblance. Same build, same butt, shoulders, nose, slant of the forehead and same bizarro hair.

            Now folks, I find these people out there more and more and more. I really want to deal with them in a proper manner, but without wearing a suit and tie, it's about impossible (except for the black leather jacket, which works like a nice suit for commanding respect). Somebody? Anybody? What the hell is wrong with the world?

            Somebody said there is less oxygen in the atmosphere now than 20 or 30 years ago and that's the problem. People just can't think straight. It's getting very very difficult to deal with these people because they just are so socially dysfunctional. Whatever. I figure I have to make myself look like less of a victim, the way girls and women do. I'm going to have to study some of their techniques for dealing with people to avoid being victimized.

            And I do forgive an awful lot of this. I only followed the old raggedy mean man through about 4 aisles down (60-70 feet).

            I'm going to have to project a more "back off" image, I guess. Nice isn't working. I'm thinking to buy some of those wrist bands with the spikes. !! T-shirts like: Beware Dog: I bite, scratch, claw, cut, slash, blast and shoot. I don't know. Then I guess I can rip my main shirt open like superman and show them what it says? Nah, can't rip a shirt open. Have to go around like that in a t-shirt with the words. Maybe I'll try "Back Off" on the wheelchair back. I don't like that. I can see the dates dwindling by the minute. I was attempting humor, thinking of those big rigs with their "back off" signs on the back of the trailers.

            Time to go.

            Yes, Doc, if you are thinking a lot of this is self-inflicted, I agree. I am just venting. Probably I will buy the zapper though. And the spikes just so people are aware I WAS one tough cookie, so why bother with me, I might still be. If I wear a zapper openly, then that's going to get me some respect (practical respect at the checkouts here and there or in the aisles.) Otherwise, I'm thinking to hire a girl to go around with me. I like that idea the best. Nobody bothers me much when I have a nice girl/woman with me. I can't seem to remember any times. And I like women, that's for sure. Then when those two losers made their comments, I could have laughed it off with my babe friend/secretary/girl Friday right there back in their face. I guess I just live with a lot of disrespect.

            Sorry to vent to all you sweet people. Just keep a nice thought for me. I always been good, but I'm supposed to have this 150 IQ, so I'm thinking real hard about how to SNAP a big change with how these public humiliations happen to me. I really am going to buy the zapper. That's necessary anyway. How I use it is the deal. The issue. A good t-shirt message seems a must-have also.

            Well, later all,

            Sincerely,

            short and sweet (but thinking the world needs a good throttling)

            Open a PayPal Account today for online purchases &/or for Credit/Debit Cards

            Get a $5 Bonus just for signing up & opening an account with a funds transfer! Fast & Easy! Pay for auction purchases or buy at 1000s of online stores. Click here:
            https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=WJXYDUMUSEY8W

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 1, 2003
              ROFLMAO....Oh Greg, this made my day. I can sure relate to your experiences. People can be so ignorant....I was shopping the other day and found a rack with clothes on sale....I picked up a t-shirt, was going to buy it.....and some woman snatches it out of hands! I was so mad, I let her have it verbally....called her every name in the book and told her I was going to buy it for my dog (I don't have a dog). I totally freaked out. I love the idea of a zapper....I wished I'd had some pepper spray. If I lived in Texas we could shop together....more power in numbers? LOL. And it isn't even hot here, so it's just ignorant stupid arrogant idiots out there.

              Huggggs
[...]

              Guess who I stalked through Home Depot? I swear to you all here and now, this month I buy a zapper. I promise not to zap anybody until prob later this fall as I have too many important things to do to sit in jail for zapping some mean people :). I'll just threaten them to show respect. I KNEW I should have worn my black leather biker jacket into the store. I just KNEW it. But NO. I was TOO smart. Greg, it's hot out here. Leave the biker jacket in the car, carry your wallet under your seat in the chair. Ok. I do. And then what. People start with the bs treating me like a 2nd class citizen. I had enuf. Period. I'm 49. They can go to hell. I'm going to start zapping and fighting back. I need to let people see what I have to offer (venom). "What was that? zap zap Hmm?" Like I said, the biker jacket really makes people leave me the heck alone. But I go out, I am here before that playing country and blues and acoustic rock all morning just having a blast, I go out on that note to some housewares, and I'm singing in the aisles almost I am so content. I'm cool. I'm not in anybody's way. I'm not making weird noises. I'm not squinting or leering or going through convulsions. I'm not looking at a soul. I'm looking and handling some bi-fold doors for the kitchen entrance. And that's when the dad called me a queer. (I know it was a dad, possibly an uncle, from the family resemblance. Same build, same butt, shoulders, nose, slant of the forehead and same bizarro hair.

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 1, 2003
                HI Gail....I don't know yet when I start....since the peg was just approved for funding, I'm on a waiting list to get into GI doc's office, then the paperwork. I really didn't want to start in the summer anyway. I tried interferon and riba but got very very speedy so had to quit. It felt like I'd shot up speed. I'm now prepared for that feeling and will get extra meds for it should it happen again. I've also learned a lot more since my last try....like eating something rich when I take my riba...lots of different things. Plus I'll know at least I'm on the tx I need to be on. Thanks for your comments.

                When do you start? Will this be your second time or third? Either way-may
                it be your last, and successful go-round.

                gail

                > woo hoo Tat! I know that's a big relief!!!
                >
                > Since finishing the high dose interferon for cancer, my fibromyalgia
                has
                returned big time. I'm now on several vicoprofen a day for it.

                > I talked to my shrink last monday about how frustrated I was about not
                being able to do anything unless I took pain pills and we worked on a
                plan
                to help get rid of things we had control over, like my weight. I joined
                Overeaters Anonymous and looking for a nutritionist in my area. I
                don't
                know if that will help, losing weight, because I had the fibro even 10
                years
                ago, but any thing I can do to possibly improve how I feel will be a
                plus.
                I told her I was so frustrated because I didn't think I could hold down
                job feeling like this.

                > I have been writing a lot. Working on my novel and working on some
                short
                stories. In July and in August I will attend writers workshops that I'm
                looking forward to.

                > Hope you all are better than yesterday!
                >
                > Way to go Tat :)
                >
                > Alley